After Effects 2015 CC - Missing Effects

big papa blood

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hello all,
I run a YouTube channel and I wanted a new spiffy intro, so I purchased this one:

http://videohive.net/item/hyper-ident/4368316

I also have never used After Effects before, so I installed the free trial to give it a shot. The problem is, when I go to open the template, it states that it needs to be converted from version 9, and then it states that it's missing three effects, Form/Optical Flares/Particular. I have no idea where to go from here. The description of the template states that it needs: No plugins required (Cycore (CC) plugins which comes with After Effects have to be installed)

I'm assuming that is already installed as I don't see any other options. I only have 30 days on this trial, so any help to get this going in the right direction would be a huge help.
Thank you!

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Hi,
First, "converted from version 9" thing is ok. It means your after effects version is newer and it is converting. Don't worry about that.

But, the pulg-ins you mentioned (Form , Optical Flares, Particular) are 3rd party plugins. You may have to buy them. Form and Particular can be found at Red Giant website under Trapcode Suite. Optical Flares is another plugin by Video-Copilot.