Ainol Tabets, good brand?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
The specs don't look half bad, but I've never heard of the brand.

Personally I would never trust a company no ones ever heard of. I'd recommend going with a Google Nexus 7 or something else along those lines.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
The two I'm looking at are $150 and $180 and the Nexus 7 is $250 so $70-100 more plus there is no MicroSD or out-of-the-box USB OTG support. For me, no MicroSD support is a total deal-breaker.

Even though it is currently $10 more then the more expensive of the first two I posted, one I found on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1M80M57973

When I searched Newegg Kocaso was the only brand to come up with my filters of: "Android 4.1 Jelly Bean", "Size greater then 7in", and "Resolution greater then 1024 x 768".

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Again I've never heard of the brand, but if Newegg offers it then I'm sure you could always return it if something was wrong with it.

The issue I have with off brands is the return policy/warranty from the company is never as good as it is with a brand like Sony or Asus. So for that reason I recommend not buying direct from the manufacturer on things like this as the retailer will impose their own warranty on top of the manufacturers.

The specs in that one don't look half bad though, and again, Newegg will reimburse you if something is wrong or if you aren't happy with it. I say go for it if that's all your budget can allow.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Most companies will ship you what they call "return tags" upon request. You stick the tags on the product and mail it back to them, then they will reverse the initial transaction.

Again though, not all companies return policies/warranties are the same. I'd recommend buying from a major retailer like Newegg or direct through Amazon.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

Having bought so rarely from Amazon; does the one I linked to count as direct?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, the transaction would be through Amazon itself. Personally I don't use Amazon at all, so if you have any other questions about their services you're better off contacting them directly to inquire. They have a help forum you can find here that you can post any questions on regarding their services.