Alienware 15: Is it a good idea?

heavensdown

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello,

I'm from India and almost everything here is overpriced. I was planning on buying myself a new system but wasn't sure what to do. I'll be travelling a lot this year and the next, so I really couldn't consider building a PC yet. Hence, a good laptop is my only deal.

I'm looking for something that's powerful enough to run the newer games with decent frames. Though i'm mostly going to be doing some graphical/art work for college purposes. The GTX 980M seems pretty decent!

The Alienware 15 seems to be pretty nice (1,57,990 INR that's about 2350$ USD). I know its overpriced, but I just want something that's portable and works good. The only thing i'm worried about is the complains iv'e heard about the Alienware laptops (bad motherboards, failing PSUs, unreliable customer service, etc..) Is it really that bad? If so, can anyone suggest a better option for me?

Thank you so much for your time
Sincerely,
Raghav.

Solution
If Alienware is your best option within your budget, roll with it. Dell's customer service is pretty good despite what some people say should issues arise. There are plenty of people who swear by Alienware, just as the ASUS RoG has a huge following. I'm just personally not a fan of either, but lacking options and budget restrictions, do what's best and make the decision that's right for you.

heavensdown

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
MSI seems pretty cool, but the Dominator Pro is kinda out-of-budget for me (about 2,20,000 which is 3300$). I would've loved to buy an Aorus or a Sager but I cant find them anywhere here.

Sandman1804

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
If Alienware is your best option within your budget, roll with it. Dell's customer service is pretty good despite what some people say should issues arise. There are plenty of people who swear by Alienware, just as the ASUS RoG has a huge following. I'm just personally not a fan of either, but lacking options and budget restrictions, do what's best and make the decision that's right for you.

Solution

Sandman1804

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
The Alienware Graphics amp is legit, though it will anchor you down(not very portable). There are others, MSI has the Shadow and ASUS has the X2. Might be some others out there, but those are the ones I'm familiar with.