Alienware 17 2015 Question

orancanoren

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hi,
Alienware just released their new generation of laptops and there are some changes made. I liked the new stuff, maybe the fact that the new laptops doesn't feature a DVD slot or alienware's decision that they will be discontinuing the 18" laptops may be cons but what I'm curious about is the HDMI-in feature. The previous generation laptops supported HDMI 1.4 output and 1.3 input which lets you use your monitor as an external monitor. For example you could play your consoles using its monitor. However on the specs list there is nothing mentioned about the HDMI input. This feature is important to me as I will be needing a monitor for my PS4 and I'm a college student so I won't have another monitor. Do you guys know anything about this? Or at least could you help me contact DELL because I tried to find their email address but no luck so far. They had this live chat thing but I couldn't also find that.

EDIT: If there is another way of doing this input thing I'd like to hear. Because I just read that using some capture cards might help or not I'm a little confused actually.

Solution
Well the Alienware 18 is has SLI which is on par with a single 980 in the AW 17. Except they are encouraging the graphics amplifier with the new AW release with the Nvidia 900 series.

orancanoren

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I was actually planning to get an AW18 but they dont sell it with gtx 980m's and I don't want to get 880m anymore, not because it's bad but because 980m is a nice improvement over it. Also I live outside US and there is a single chance for me to buy this laptop for a long time. I might think getting another laptop with gtx 980m SLI.

TRENDING THREADS