Alienware 17 r3 have done so much in over a month

Rivunel

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Sooo laptop runs for a couple minutes then loses all connection to wifi here is my timeline of having it fixed under warranty!

• Oct 4th- laptop wont turn on they send a motherboard to a Technician
    OCT 5th he fixes laptop
    The laptop has issues authenticating windows and crashes multiple times over the week I try to speak with alienware they tell me to wait or call Microsoft
    I call Microsoft and get windows reactivated.
    Computer starts crashing and needs to be restarted 60-75% of startups. Besides this no other issues.
    I contact dell and am told to make a Bootable usb
    I reinstall windows crashing persists even though windows is authenticated immediately after this installation.
    I am sent a usb bootable device since it is assumed I couldn't make one correctly.
    I use the usb device they send which never even allows me to install Windows computer crashes many times as I attempt this and I allow it to try and run overnight.
    I am sent a new ssd by alienware which I install and it sent till does not allow me to install Windows.

I ASK TO SEND MY LAPTOP IN FOR REPAIRS
    I got it back today and the problem stated at the beginning of the ppst now exists.
    I was told to repair the laptop they replaced the ssd.
WHAT DO I do at this point I am at a level of anger I am not known to get to I was on the phone for 2 hours while a tech took over my computer it appeared to work when I hung up it now cannot connect to wifi for any period of time no other device in the house has any issues.

The laptop was bought in July.

Solution
Hi,

This issue could be caused by one of many things however I would suggest that this is caused by an issue within the main-board of the laptop. -

Generally you would have to replace the board, however considering it's still in warranty you should be able to RMA the device.

I would suggest backing all your data up and then asking Dell for a replacement laptop.

When you backup your data I recommend you use software such as Macrium Reflect which will clone the entire drive onto another.

Click for link to Macrium Reflect

Hi,

This issue could be caused by one of many things however I would suggest that this is caused by an issue within the main-board of the laptop. -

Generally you would have to replace the board, however considering it's still in warranty you should be able to RMA the device.

I would suggest backing all your data up and then asking Dell for a replacement laptop.

When you backup your data I recommend you use software such as Macrium Reflect which will clone the entire drive onto another.

Click for link to Macrium Reflect

Solution

Rivunel

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
I did a new laptop. They said they will exchange. They only offer refurbished laptops as replacements even when I bought my laptop in July? The first laptop they offered me had a downgraded gpu but a 1tb ssd over my 256gb ssd.

I don't want a factory refurbished laptop it doesn't feel like I'm getting the value of my warranty.

I mean is a car with 20k miles thats been cleaned and tuned up perfectly just as good as a brand new car? it feels like I'm getting ripped off..

Rivunel

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
After escalating further because I was unhappy with what was offered I was offered a much better computer. I'm ecstatic
Alienware 17 R4
Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5
17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display with Tobii IR Eye-tracking
32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB)
256 gb M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)