Alienware GFX problem

poltergeist110011

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Dedicated Card: GTX 750m

Hello I have an Alienware 14 and I am having an odd problem the integrated and the dedicated video cards are showing in the device manager when I I press FN+F7 which is suppose to switch between dedicated and integrated it says it is Automatically set for optimization but when I play a simple game like League of legends even on the lowest settings it lags like crazy

Solutions I have tried:

1)Nividia Control Panel manage 3d settings setting it to Nividia high performance professor

2)I tried entering into the BIOS and going to advanced settings and far as I know it didn't show anything about video card.

3)I did update the dedicated card with Nividia Experience video card still shows in device manager but still games lag even at the lowest setting.
(tried to use FN+F7 function to switch between the cards but still says it is automatically set to optimize for performance maybe I can turn this auto function off some how and switch it manually?)

Images of BIOS:

http://imgur.com/LH7UBaA

http://imgur.com/yJGXKSi

Maybe it is a BIOS issue?
Maybe you guys can help me out here thanks in advance and how we all can put our heads together and figure this strange problem..

Solution
Hi,

Please do try this troubleshooting steps.
- Uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver from Device Manager and same goes in Programs and Features anything related to NVIDIA.
- Download and install the driver from NVIDIA support site using this link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- Make sure that NVIDIA is set to run all the games you have.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel and click Manage 3D settings
- Click on Program Settings tab and select the game you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
- Select the "preferred graphics processor" as High-performance NVIDIA processor.
Hi,

Please do try this troubleshooting steps.
- Uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver from Device Manager and same goes in Programs and Features anything related to NVIDIA.
- Download and install the driver from NVIDIA support site using this link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- Make sure that NVIDIA is set to run all the games you have.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel and click Manage 3D settings
- Click on Program Settings tab and select the game you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
- Select the "preferred graphics processor" as High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Solution

poltergeist110011

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
hmm decided to factory restore it.. did it twice and now it all seems to be working fine... I have no clue as to why this happened but it seems to be working fine now... thanks for the advice I will consider this closed .. <3