Alienware M14x R2 Not Booting

Alexander_Lougheed

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
So after changing replacing the battery on my old Alienware m14x R2 laptop and attempting to wipe the laptop, it will now not boot up - it turns on to the alienware logo but repeats this cycle and not boot correctly. I have researched in that if it was a memory or motherboard issue there would be a constant beeping but there is not. Does anyone know what this could be and if so how i could fix this? I'm trying to avoid getting it paid to be fixed and would rather do it myself if there is the option to.
Any input is greatly appreciated (unless it's irrelevant)
Many Thanks.

Solution
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

Alexander_Lougheed

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

The system never reached a rotating loading circle in step 3. Still unfixed

Teeney579

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Your Hard drive is corrupted and so won't boot up Windows. You need to take the hard drive out and either replace it with a new one or plug it into another computer through a usb and format and delete all partitions. If you had Windows 10 installed you can redownload it here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and then install the media creation tool onto a usb stick with 4gb or more and boot from usb device. Once it is installing it'll ask for a product key press the "I do not have a product key" and once fully installed log in using your microsoft account as this will have a digital product key built into it and saves you buying windows. I had the same issue not too long ago and found my hard drive was fried and bought a new one from an electronics store for around £70/$90. Once theres an operating system fully present it'll be able to boot up.