Alienware m17xR4 not powering on

eternal13

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I need immediate assistance with my m17xr4. A few weeks ago I came home to my laptop not running. I have tried a hard power down pulling the battery pretty much everything that I can think of. I'm not getting any fan motion and when using a different power source my battery light starts to one light but no further. I need help as this laptop has been my life with my drafting programming and fast. Please help!!

Hi,

Pull out the battery and just plug in the AC adapter and see if it boots up. If not and there's light on the laptop try to reseat the RAM. Take it out then put it back properly into each slots. Lastly, try connecting an external monitor and power it on and see if you'll get any display from it give that there's light on the laptop itself. If all these doesn't work there might be an issue with the motherboard itself.

eternal13

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I have attempted all except the external monitor. To no avail. I don't have access to a separate monitor alone. I am using my grandparents laptop to attempt to resolve these issues on my own laptop. I was told that running a slave would most likely be able to but I do not have access to that either or know how to slave from one laptop to another.