Alienware Subwoofer Rattling Annoying Sound Problem

hassankg

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I just bought new Alienware R3 17" laptop
Specs
Core i7 with 970m

It was ok for a week when one day listening to music it started to make rattling sound from woofer which is below the laptop
Both front facing speakers are ok
So in somepart of song when bass or something like that comes, woofer makes annoying rattling sound
And i am not finding anyway to just shut off the woofer..

One thing more when i tilt the laptop to 90° this rattling sound tottally disappears and woofer sound is perfect but again putting laptop straight on table it again starts that sound..

Note: i cant claim or contact dell for anything

Plz help me

Solution

It sounds like a physical issue, installing drivers to fix it wold be like washing a car to fix an oil leak.

If you don't want to open the laptop to either replace or fix the speaker and you can't send it out to get fixed, you need to live with how it is.

hassankg

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

hassankg

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I bought it in USA but came back to my country
So i cant send them. it would take months to resolve this problem... And the woofer is deep inside i can't open it myself as i would make it worse which i dont want

I even update and reinstalled every audio driver but no luck

It sounds like a physical issue, installing drivers to fix it wold be like washing a car to fix an oil leak.

If you don't want to open the laptop to either replace or fix the speaker and you can't send it out to get fixed, you need to live with how it is.

Solution