All media players crashing

Last Resort

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
I'm at my wits end :pt1cable: and would really appreciate some help. I've had the same problem with vlc, wmp and winamp before and after 2 windows 7 reinstall's. I'm struggling to find the correct terminology to describe my situation... So 80% of the time the videos just stop playing, wmp goes back to the blue background and vlc reverts to its small form before any media is loaded. Sometimes the players work for 20hrs straight no problems, most of the time i cant click continue on vlc before it unloads(?) the video again. Players don't crash, no error messages, nothing in event viewer. I don't have any codecs installed. The problem persisted right after a reinstall of two different windows 7 copies with only vlc installed.Sorry for not being able to describe my situation any better, hopefully someone here can ask me the right questions or has a fix.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
In vlc for example, try changing to a different video renderer, if its not on auto detect then switch to it, if its on auto detect then try another video renderer to see what happens. I use PotPlayer, previously known as KM Player, if i right click on the screen and select video i can change video renderer.

Last Resort

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

That is obviously the first thing to try, these files work normally for my housemates so 100% not my files.

Last Resort

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

Thanks for both the suggestions. I've tried changing renderer, no effect. I also tried googling net framework and visual basic updates but didn't understand what I was looking for honestly. Could u elaborate please? Also the crashes gain in regularity the more I watch. I can watch an ep or 2 before the crashes begin then after another ep or so they're almost instant. Could it possibly be a hardware issue?

Last Resort

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

Zero codecs installed