Jude Rocks

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I have had two different headsets on my current PC. The first was some random off brand one I don't know the name to, and my current one is a HyperX Cloud Core. Both of the microphones have very loud static when I record with them. I have been to many forums and have tried to mess around with system settings, although none have worked. I believe it is a driver problem, does anyone have recommendations for drivers/help in general?

Here are my specs: pcpartpicker.com/list/YVwCLD

Solution
Try the microphones in other environments: e.g., computers, sound systems, amplifiers.

See if the static problem follows the microphones or stays with the PC.

Based on my understanding of your post I suspect that the true problem is with the microphone port being used on your PC.

Although it is possible, having two different headset microphones causing static would be unlikely.

Open the PC case. Check that all audio related connections and audio cards are fully in place and firmly connected. Inspect the microphone ports using a bright flashlight. Look for debris or signs of damage.

Objective is to narrow down the source of the problem.

Try the microphones in other environments: e.g., computers, sound systems, amplifiers.

See if the static problem follows the microphones or stays with the PC.

Based on my understanding of your post I suspect that the true problem is with the microphone port being used on your PC.

Although it is possible, having two different headset microphones causing static would be unlikely.

Open the PC case. Check that all audio related connections and audio cards are fully in place and firmly connected. Inspect the microphone ports using a bright flashlight. Look for debris or signs of damage.

Objective is to narrow down the source of the problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS