Solved! Hyperx Cloud Revolver buzzing/interference sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2019
Hi,
I use HyperX Cloud Revolver and suddenly the mic started buzzing in random intervals. Sometimes it works normal and sometimes it starts buzzing without any movement or change to the headphones.
My motherboard is Asus TUF z270 Mark 1 and the headset is connected to green audio output and pink audio input.
Other microphones work properly but this headset microphone is not. Nothing happened to the headset. It was sitting on a table for 1 week.
I have microphone settings set to 100% volume and 0% boost. I have noise supression enabled because it's even worse without it.

The headset is 2 months old but I don't have a warranty for it because it was already replaced by a new piece.

This is my recording with mic in front of my mouth https://www.dropbox.com/s/01auxt3scb33ibr/mic.m4a?dl=0

The noise stops for a while if I squeeze the mic or blow into it.

Is there any fix?

Solution
For now, if you use other headphones/earphones with a separate mic on your PC, then use it. For other devices, refer to the headset if needed. Cloud Revolver mic issues are extremely rare, since using a unidirectional, ambient noise cancelling and low latency microphone. Just try using the single 3.5mm jack. You shouldn’t find a problem with it, or do you?

If nothing works and need some kind of working headset, stick with the HyperX Cloud Stinger ($40-50). Or, if you have the money, purchase the Revolver S ($120). Any other headset you own and use? Go ahead.

Note that this is my recovery account. I’ll take a bit longer to answer but note that I’ll respond as soon as possible. Thank you!

DionL

Great
Apr 2, 2019
Hello didx, I’m glad you asked.

If you use the HyperX Cloud Revolver non-S version, please make sure your mic has not been tampered with, for example if you’ve thrown the headset or kept moving the microphone.

Another issue is probably with the cables. You use green/pink audio cables, right? That could be the issue, too. The pink cable could be coming off easily, if you’re pulling the headset or cable too much. Make sure that it’s locked securely without falling loose. I recommend if you use PC, don’t (seriously) use these cables, unless it’s the only way you can use both the mic and hear the audio.

Lastly, you can covert the audio and microphone jacks to a USB. It probably won’t work, but if you have a cable that converts either 3.5mm to USB or audio/microphone (or green/pink) to USB, in fact, your headset could function better. Make sure to check if you have one lying around. Tip: Again, this might not work, so be careful.)( If you use a HyperX Cloud Revolver S, then it can work, since you can connect to USB and use it’s convenient 7.1 virtual surround sound for just $10 more, if you wouldn’t mind switching.

If it worked for you, congrats!
If not, please let me know. :)

Apr 2, 2019
Hi,
I use the non-S version. The cable is fine and connectors are connected well. I'm not moving, touching or tampering the microphone at all. It worked well today for an hour. Then my friends suddenly told me that my mic is making those sounds again (I did not move at all).

The HyperX Cloud Revolver has a jack connector which connects to controller that can mute the mic, adjust the volume and separates cabble to green and pink connectors. If I disconnect the headset from the controller and connect my Xiaomi headphones for a mobile phone (also with a microphone) it works. Sound and mic work properly. The problem must be in the mic of the HyperX headset or some electromagnetic interference.
But sometimes it works as it should and without any movement and change to the headset/microphone it stops working and starts to do those weird noises.

I sadly do not have any jacks to USB convertor

DionL

Great
Apr 2, 2019
For now, if you use other headphones/earphones with a separate mic on your PC, then use it. For other devices, refer to the headset if needed. Cloud Revolver mic issues are extremely rare, since using a unidirectional, ambient noise cancelling and low latency microphone. Just try using the single 3.5mm jack. You shouldn’t find a problem with it, or do you?

If nothing works and need some kind of working headset, stick with the HyperX Cloud Stinger ($40-50). Or, if you have the money, purchase the Revolver S ($120). Any other headset you own and use? Go ahead.

Note that this is my recovery account. I’ll take a bit longer to answer but note that I’ll respond as soon as possible. Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.