All sources of video and audio cannot be played on my Oppo R5

uptothemax33

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
My phone was lagging a bit, so i just restarted my phone and when it booted up it was taking way longer than usual. then connecting to wifi also took way longer than usual. then i checked my IMEI, and there is no IMEI all of a sudden and there is no service. My phone is not rooted or flashed, this problem just appeared out of nowhere. And on top of that videos cannot be played anywhere. On my video player "Cant Play Video", videos on facebook show an error, youtube also shows error. music cant be played, no sources of audio anywhere, and mic also doesnt work. When somenoe calls me on messenger, and i pick up it crashes.

Solution
I have to say the whole thing sounds really odd. Any Android phone should have an IMEI number and "Safe Mode" should work on it. You may still want to check for viruses and malware. Should that not help, contact the manufacturer.
Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if the IMEI and service are working then. Granted many apps won't work in that mode, but if it does work at all in that mode, then you know there is something on the device that is causing your problem, which you will have to remove. Malware, virus, bad app(s), etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

uptothemax33

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

I've tried the above step and it looks like my phone doesn't have safe mode. I've already factory reset my device 2 times and still no fix