Allow Root Level

Ahmed_23

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
I am using android tablet of a Chinese brand DANY , i want to root my tab but problem is that when i open my Data folder in root level it don't show me files in it i guess my tablet don't allow me to show root files, is there anyway i can allow my tab to show Data folder files in root level

Solution
Go to the PlayStore and put "rooting" into a search and give it one more try but this time, within Andrid.

If that fails, your's might be one of those makes that can't be rooted for the safety of other installed Apps.
Download Terminal Emulator from the Play Store. Run it and in the Command Line type
ls
and then Enter. The ls command brings up a list of folders and files. Pick a folder you want to go in and type
cd {thatfoldername}
and hit Enter again, then ls and enter give you a ist of the files and folders within that folder.

Take care with the Data folder because there's another within named Data so the path is data/data and it can be confusing. Wreck that folder and you're in trouble.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I don't understand what do you want? You want to root your tablet or you want to get data folder? If you want data folder Saga Lout's answer is your friend, but if you want to root it, tell your complete device name & OS version. Telling brand name doesn't helps.

I see your point, shahbaz200, perhaps Ahmed23 doesn't realise he can root by connecting his tablet to a PC or laptop and using Kingo Root in Windows. You can download that from here:- http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Ahmed, you need to go into Settings>More then tap About Device seven times and you'll see a message that you are now a Developer. Below About Device there is now another menu named Developer Options and you need to tick "Enable USG Debugging" and that allows the device to connect with a Windows computer so you can run KingoRoot.

Ahmed_23

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015

Dude i am using Dany T1000 OS is 4.4.2

Ahmed_23

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015

I try this kingo method but it don't wok :(

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Holy s..... After all these years I didn't knew that Toms Guide notifications don't appear at Toms Hardware lol. And I missed many replies I think :S

Ahmed I am assuming that it uses Mediatek SoC that many Chinese phones use. Install a app called Framaroot and try rooting with this app. I am not 100% sure that it will root your device but give it a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2784451&d=1402084843

Sorry about that. It would help me as well so I'll ask the paid staff if it can be done.

The first response is bound to be the devs are busily working on the new format and nothing else can be added to their "to do" list until it's done.

I don't see why it doesn't behave lie that because the "threads for review" list the Mods get to approve suspect threads covers both fora without separation. That's where we catch most Spammers before their rubbish appears on the Forum.