Altered Google Earth Tracks Cars, People

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Scary stuff, but not surprising. The real scary things is, you'd never know if the government was already doing something like this, which I'm sure has been true for some time especially considering the previous administration.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
this is wild, but seriosly i dont think they would be able to implament this stuff. and if they do it will probably require a warrant

G

"Winterlord"

You don't need a warrant to track terrorists and if you look into it your goverment has already classed you all as terrorists. http://www.welfarestate.com/pamphlet/

jockeryl

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
This is nothing new, both US and Israeli defense contractors have sold this type of solution for at least 5 years. It's deployed around secure facilities and even some airports. There are many research papers publicly available on the subject.
This is just another hyped news article just because they connected it with the "magic" Google word.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
For all those saying it's not that bad.. Watch people through it then wait for them to watch you in return and come back here and say that you've been robbed while you was visiting your mother because the thieves knew you're out without having to watch the house and possibly get caught..
Please don't negative rate this comment instead quote it..

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I dislike it when people use the "if you're doing nothing wrong..." argument.

There is more to life than right and wrong. Not everything that is "right" is socially normal, and not everything that is wrong isn't. If someone who dislikes you were to perhaps pinpoint you doing something that you don't exactly want everyone to see, you have problems. Whether right or wrong.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Wut is soooo scary? As long as I am doing the watching.....

Nekked 18yrs old girls, MILFs, and ur sister....undressing...WOOT!!! Where's my iShoe...err I mean iPodNano....?????

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Wut is soooo scary? As long as I am doing the watching.....Nekked 18yrs old girls, MILFs, and ur sister....undressing...WOOT!!! Where's my iShoe...err I mean iPodNano....?????[/citation]
Learn English, Some skills and how to talk in public and talk about what then post..

darkxuy

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Psycho Sykes[/nom]Learn English, Some skills and how to talk in public and talk about what then post..[/citation]

Never argue with r3t4ards, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
It really sad when people have the, "if you are doing nothing wrong argument.." mentality. I love technology, but not when it is being created to be used against me and my fellow citizens. This will be used more than for amber alerts and bank robberies. If this becomes a "security tool", soon enough a divorce lawyer will be using this to track were a spouse is going and what they are doing. Much like the tollway iPass systems are being used to find out where a spouse may have been driving. Much like the red light cameras are being used to show where someone passed. Again, nothing illegal, but just evidence.

If the people who embrace the "if you are doing nothing wrong" argument believe it so much, they should be the first to stand up and want cameras in their homes. The government can protect them even more. From each other. Bedroom, bathroom .. again.. if you are doing nothing wrong then who cares if someone watches everything you do 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Maybe your wholesome life can be an inspiration to the rest of us heathens.

I don't know if this is the advent of 1984 or not, but I agree that we Americans are becoming weaker willed in our advent to be protected from everything. We used to be a much stronger and smarter nation.

Scotteq

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Hmmm - I'm considering a related business enterprise: Selling Baseball caps which are embroidered with an Upraised Middle Finger on the top.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]winterlord[/nom]this is wild, but seriosly i dont think they would be able to implament this stuff. and if they do it will probably require a warrant[/citation]

That's so cute. You still believe that you have laws here in America to protect you.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
This is not worrysome at all, won't bother me until the advertising agencies try using it to track where we are going and what we are doing to throw ads at us....not that they arn't already doing a version of just that online...

eskimo_1

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
This is bad, robbers could watch when you leave your house and rob you at any given time, this is some prety scary shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.