Alternate means of charging battery

Apr 30, 2018
After a spill, my netbook will not receive power when plugged in. Power jack and nearby circuts are heavily corroded, and possibly burnt. I tried a new power cord.
If i remove my battery, is there a way i can charge it? A special charger, or a way to lookup another device that my battery is compatible with? Even a 10% charge would give me enough time to retrieve everything that was not backed up. I have limited internet, so doing research online is not very practical. Thanks!

To fix it you really need to replace the jack. If it can be replaced.

However, as you asked, you should be able to charge that battery in a like device. If you can find one or borrow one. If you cannot, another option would be to pull the hard drive and connect it externally to another computer so you can access the data.

Apr 30, 2018
The burnt corroded circuts are more likely the problem than the jack, according to the guy i showed it to at the local comp shop.

The only thing i can think of is buy a replacement motherboard to charge the battery, then back to the damaged board. It will cost half of the origininal purchase price, and hoping there is a cheaper way to my salvage data. Just thought of the motherboard idea.
Thanks for the reply!
Anyone know of a cheaper way to charge my battery?