although plugging in about three hours, battery percentage is not more than 0%. Why?

Eaitzar

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I used my laptop battery til 0%.
After two days, It was plugged in about three hours, battery percentage is not more than 0%.
Why?
Please reply me as soon as possible.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
How old is the battery?

If over 3 years old it can become faulty and require replacing.

Possible solutions:

1. Cmos/bios reset: Remove battery and charger, now press and hold power button for 30 seconds. Now attach battery and charger and boot up as normal.

2. Microsoft battery control method corrupted: Navigate to device manager, expand "battery", and delete microsoft battery control method. Now reboot, once booted this driver will be reinstalled and may kick the battery into normal working mode.

Hi,

It's either the battery has died already or the AC adapter itself. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter, remove the battery and plug in just the AC adapter and see if the laptop will boot up normally.
- While the laptop is on while running on the AC adapter only, put the battery back in and see if it will charge or not.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver in Device Manager.
- If this will still not work, I would also suggest trying a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- If all these will not work last option would be to replace the battery already.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
How old is the battery?

If over 3 years old it can become faulty and require replacing.

Possible solutions:

1. Cmos/bios reset: Remove battery and charger, now press and hold power button for 30 seconds. Now attach battery and charger and boot up as normal.

2. Microsoft battery control method corrupted: Navigate to device manager, expand "battery", and delete microsoft battery control method. Now reboot, once booted this driver will be reinstalled and may kick the battery into normal working mode.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
amphx Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 2
xx-qwe-zen Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2
Grainbox Laptop Tech Support 1
milkwiway Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
pyro_isn_oob Laptop Tech Support 4
Arash.jahd Laptop Tech Support 0
magicalfry Laptop Tech Support 2