alw14 painfully slow

victoria954

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Greetings,

I have an Alienware ALW14. It is brand new although it is discontinued. It is painfully slow. I cannot even open a PDF document in Adobe Reader without it freezing and Adobe Reader "Not Responding." I have little experience with computer mechanics. I simply want to use this machine to browse the internet, read PDFs and use statistical software program R. Please advise me on how to optimize this machine as I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
If it's new, optimization is generally not needed. You should be able to hit f12 at first startup and run a hardware diagnostics. Contact Dell technical support and reference your serial number because you likely have an existing warranty.

SgtScream

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016
If it's new, optimization is generally not needed. You should be able to hit f12 at first startup and run a hardware diagnostics. Contact Dell technical support and reference your serial number because you likely have an existing warranty.

Solution

How long have you been using it since fresh out of the box, and which version of Windows is it running?