Always Plugged In With An Internal Battery

MrMorrie

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hi, I have a Windows 7 Dell XPS 15Z laptop. I've always used this laptop with the charger plugged in because i rarely take it out of my house. I just downloaded this software called BatteryBar, it gives info about your battery, and i saw that my Battery Wear is at 60%.Should I keep using it while plugged in because it has an internal battery which I don't know how to replace or even remove. Thanks

Solution
I say 60% is almost end-of-life. Doesn't matter what you do now, as long as it doesn't overheat or starts to bulge, leave it.

If you ever replace this battery, the suggestion is, run it on battery once in a while. Is kinda like your car, is better for longevity if u take it out to the freeway once in a while.
I say 60% is almost end-of-life. Doesn't matter what you do now, as long as it doesn't overheat or starts to bulge, leave it.

If you ever replace this battery, the suggestion is, run it on battery once in a while. Is kinda like your car, is better for longevity if u take it out to the freeway once in a while.

Solution