Am I safe from viruses?

MiloshDr

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I recently went to a fake website because of Bing ads being displayed as the first results. Another reason why I like to use google, but bing rewards :( .

When I went on the fake site it was a blank page for a split second with a changed URL of "tracker" something then redirected me to either a fake site or the real one after that. I ran a full mcafee scan and nothing showed up.

Could it be nothing?

Solution
How many add ons do you have in chrome? the main speed difference i have found is their loading time, if you run chrome with no add ons it should be just as fast as edge.

Chromes main advantage right now is the number of extensions available for it, in time this might change.

I don't notice a major speed difference loading chrome with 9 extensions to edge with two, the more you add to edge may slow it down as well.

Colif

Distinguished
did you install Add BLock Plus? Given Bing ads probably get through its whitelist that Microsoft paid to be on, I wouldn't be amazed if you were. Another reason to keep using Chrome as Ublock Origin doesn't let anyone buy their way onto a whitelist.

Colif

Distinguished
If you have the latest updated version of Win 10 then you can add ABP as an add on to Edge, so far there aren't any other choices for Edge. The ability tor add the extensions is only new so maybe in time we will get a better choices than just ABP.

Colif

Distinguished
cause Microsoft are very pushy and made it default browser in the latest update. I just ignored them, and have chrome as default again, but most people won't have thought to do that right away. It was almost first thing I did.

MiloshDr

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
@Colif strangely Microsoft edge is quicker when I use it.

Was chrome quicker for you? And is chrome more secure (as in can it defend from viruses or bad websites) better than edge?

Colif

Distinguished
How many add ons do you have in chrome? the main speed difference i have found is their loading time, if you run chrome with no add ons it should be just as fast as edge.

Chromes main advantage right now is the number of extensions available for it, in time this might change.

I don't notice a major speed difference loading chrome with 9 extensions to edge with two, the more you add to edge may slow it down as well.

Solution