Solved! Am I supposed to see all drives?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Hello all,

Just purchased a used ASUS G751J i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz 32GB GTX 860M 500GB SSD/1TB HDD with Windows 10 Home. I LOVE the "look"of it and would love to keep it, BUT I can't see the 1TB HDD! All I see where drives are normally listed (when clicking on "This PC") is Local Disk C which has 416 GB free of 465 GB, then I see the DVD Drive and nothing else. ... However, I also installed Iobit Driver Booster which comes with a feature to obtain system information and in THERE I DO see where there is a drive that supposedly has 916 GB free of 931 GB.

What's the use of having a drive I can't see and which I have no idea how to use?

I'm SO confused!

Also, I wish I could upload images, but I am getting en error message - maybe because I just now registered?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Since there nothing in it. Could try adding to a pool and then remove it.
that should clear it up, and back to disk management to format/assign drive letter

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Lastly, interestingly, in Disk Management, it is nowhere to be found. I guess that's what you're trying to help me do ... get it to be visible there (thank you again), but WHY would it not be there. I really like it, but am getting more and more wary of keeping it. :(

SX0g1tM.png

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Yes. Deleted pool again and in Disk Management now .. and OMG, yes. I see it now. It says Unallocated.

0aDrKFw.png

Also received email from seller that maybe their tech did not format it.

Last edited:

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Yes!!!!

(In case any one else has the same issue and comes across this, it did not have a right-click option to format but said something like "Simple ..." [first option]. Wizard will guide through rest).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, TITAN, for all your help and patience! It is now allocated / formatted and can be seen as a regular drive. :)

Du8sUAq.png

You rock!

:redapple::redapple::redapple:

Reactions: rgd1101