Amazon Building Millions More Kindle Fires Due to Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]wow i though people liked the kindle but i guess they don't so they are burning them all like they shpuld have done with all the E.T Atari cartridges[/citation]
I can understand you not reading the article and commenting but how the hell did you manage to not read the headlines, the article and then comment???

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Man I liked ET Atari. I guess I was just a little kid, but the game had a lot of cheats in it you could find. And I thought it was cool. I hated the movie though because it lacked violence.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]I can understand you not reading the article and commenting but how the hell did you manage to not read the headlines, the article and then comment???[/citation]
I guess (hope) he was making a pun directed at the name (Fire).
Building a million kindle Fires... got it?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I guess (hope) he was making a pun directed at the name (Fire). Building a million kindle Fires... got it?[/citation]I demand they crank up millions of Amazon fires kindled by buildings!!!

9th

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]drapacioli[/nom]Get ready, Amazon has a huge hit up it's sleeves this holiday season. Hopefully it outperforms the iPad![/citation]

If it gets anywhere near the iPad in sales, you can bet Apple will sue the pooter out of Amazon.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Why there is such a demand? Because the price is just right!

Unfortunately it isn't Android tablet (Yeah, it is based on some Android version. But if it isn't pure Android, it isn't Android at all).

R0H1T

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
It'll be hard for them to maintain this low a profit margin especially since they're losing alot of money. They can't continue this investment spree if their margins & bottom line is shrinking unlike apple which basically extorts money through their ifactor(isn't it so cool) besides shutting down competition by those insane lawsuits ! So grab them while their hot & cheap. On a side note if Oracle wins their case against Google the whole Android ecosystem will be under a real threat of extinction cause they'll be more vulnerable to the patent trolls' suing binge.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I guess (hope) he was making a pun directed at the name (Fire). Building a million kindle Fires... got it?[/citation]
Yeah, we got it, but it just wasn't funny, thgis would have been rejected as dull even by Christmans cracker manufacturers.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]9th[/nom]If it gets anywhere near the iPad in sales, you can bet Apple will sue the pooter out of Amazon.[/citation]
Not likely, otherwise they would also have to take on Blackberry (same hardware as the Playbook) and Google (for the Android bit).
Taking on one would be tough, all three would be suicidal.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Why there is such a demand? Because the price is just right!Unfortunately it isn't Android tablet (Yeah, it is based on some Android version. But if it isn't pure Android, it isn't Android at all).[/citation]
Dude, that logic is more twisted than a pretzel.
If you customize your Windows-based PC, does that mean it's not running Windows anymore?
My Android Nexus S hardly resembles the original UI, yet it is running Android.
I understand your point of wanting a plain vanilla Android on your tablet, but if you really want that, you can do it with a few mods.

G

It will be interesting to see how Amazon prices its new 10" tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.