Amazon Launches the Kindle 2; Stephen King Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Here I thought the original Kindle was a failure financially, though I always thought it was a neat little gadget. I'm going to go research the damn thing because it seems cool!

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
I so glad technology has finally allowed the fusion of book and credit card number input system. It's like a life-long dream come true for me.

Most Sincerely, The Devil.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
i looked into it and while it first looked promising, when i saw i could not have kindle books on my pc, i needed to first get kindle device, they don't have pc reader, i would have to pay extra to get the books without kindle drm, also i noticed that while they had some books at reduced prices, many of the books that i wanted actually cost more than the printed ones, and on top of that i had to pay them $350 up front for some hardware that i did not want, i would prefer that they offered a software solution that would work on pc, mac, ipod, iphone, blackberry, e-book reader device, ect and they would sell all the books at deep discounts, for got sake they don't have to print them how can they cost more. plus it's all drm, look at what is happening with all those people that bought all that drm music and the servers that hosts them are being turned off because the company is going out of business, they can't play them ever again when the servers are turned off.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@jsloan,

My thoughts exactly. The price is much too high and I need to be able to store the files on my PC when I want. It should be able to run offline. It needs to work over wifi, not just cell networks. And yes, book prices should be at least slightly lower than printed books.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
The ebook market is kind of scary with the rate it evolves. Personally, I'll spend a tiny bit more than the Kindle price for a tablet pc... then I know I can read books in PDF, HTML, MS-Reader (.lit), and other formats without having to worry about the industry passing me by with the next version of the hardware.

Now if only you could buy a legal license to convert Kindle books to .lit format :)

G

Still don't look as good as a Sony PRS-505,nor can do as much as a Astak Mentor or plastic logics reader

Status
Not open for further replies.