Amazon Launches Unlimited Streaming Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If you filter Amazon Instant Video by Prime Eligible, only 2153 titles are available. I guess they must be counting each TV episode separately to get 5000. The selection isn't that great either. Still, I suppose it nice that prime members get a little something extra for the dues they pay.

jamoise

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
well, if its browser based viewing, It possible you can just use the PS3 Internal browser to view the movie/tv series. can do this already with channel 7 and ABC (in Australia) with their "catch up" online viewing. depends on if you need a specialized plugin instead of just adobe flash.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Sorry, unless they can get a lot more of a selection, unless apps for multiple platforms and devices are out there. I'm gonna stay with Netflix. The only thing I hear going for them is that Linux support is pretty good.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]robd007[/nom]that "except Amazon Prime Students" sure is a bitch.[/citation]
Why? I'm sure they didn't pay the same price as regular Amazon Prime members, and they're STILL getting EXACTLY what they paid for in the first place. They just aren't getting this new, extra service.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I hope that amazon can make this work,because the only thing they're good at is to post your books out to you as long as they get their payment first...Even then I have had missing books through the post for which they did not replace...

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
One more thing to add,is that their other services like selling hardware parts for pc's are hopeless...I have seen countless forums with posts complaining about how they have been ripped off by amazon...

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I took a look at the "Prime" Elligable movies...
So far it's only 1,703 movies and most of them either suck or you can get on Netflix.
As for the TV shows.. Not bad if your a huge Mr Rogers fan!
I think I'll stick with Netflix unless amazon adds a bunch of newer movies.

taran83

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Amazon is great all the time, I have amazon prime but unfortunately I can't view because I'm from outside the United States.

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
uh, so what? yeah, im amazon prime student, and all u need is an .edu email. it would be cool to get a random extra, all im sayin....

[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]Why? I'm sure they didn't pay the same price as regular Amazon Prime members, and they're STILL getting EXACTLY what they paid for in the first place. They just aren't getting this new, extra service.[/citation]

G

This will be nice if the republicans in the house didn't kill the net neutrality bill a couple of days ago. Amazon or the consumer will have to pay extra to their ISP (comcast etc) to have the right to unblock this service from reaching their computers. You want youtube? Oh wait..you'll have to pay extra to have that unblocked too.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]robd007[/nom]uh, so what? yeah, im amazon prime student, and all u need is an .edu email. it would be cool to get a random extra, all im sayin....[/citation]
You got exactly what you paid for. If they could afford to add it to the budget-priced student version they would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.