Amazon Lists Nokia PureView 41MP Phone Launch on July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Since mobile phones are already becoming very powerful computers, the next thing I look forward to is a high quality camera with great low light sensitivity. I don’t really desire anything greater than 18 mp for the pictures I take, but really want great color and sharpness in all lighting conditions. Higher mega pixels can be used as a digital zoom instead of a mechanical zoom. Just like cell phones are basically killing the stand alone GPS devices, I love to see the cell phone kill the stand alone digital cameras. I don’t like carrying multiple devices, but the current generation of mobile phone cameras really don’t compare. IMHO

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
...which brings us back to the physical size of the sensor - you're not going to, for example, get high iso sensitivity on a small sensor without serious degradation in picture quality.

Interestingly - take a look at some high-end nikon dslr's and check out the mp size - makes you wonder, dosen't it?

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
41MP is impressive, but I'd rather have my phone be able to take a 2MP to 6MP picture with the same quality as a DSLR camera from just a few years ago than a high MP picture with lots of noise and bad contrast.

erdos

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
i thought Nokia is dumping symbian OS for windows OS. now they're releasing another symbian-based killer phone? are they having second thoughts about Windows?

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]erdos[/nom]i thought Nokia is dumping symbian OS for windows OS. now they're releasing another symbian-based killer phone? are they having second thoughts about Windows?[/citation]This phone was mid-development before the "heavy partnership" with Microsoft was even thought of. They simply forged ahead with it because of its uniqueness. There is speculation of a Windows Phone with this camera/lens hardware.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
???
41MP on phone?
Nokia is really going to the wrong side of product development in my opinion.
I hardly made my decision on smartphones based on camera.
I prefer that the phone react faster, easier UI, freedom to transfer files, etc.
At the moment, my eyes are only for Androids and the i-s.
I tried WP7 gadgets HTC HD7, the Lumias, etc....I was not entertained at all...those have unpleasant UI...
Symbian...hey...no chance...I had many of those n-Gage, 5800, C3, etc....I was not happy as I am now with my Androids...
Nokia should do something regarding the OS...not the camera...!!!

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
common nokia black and withe only, in swedish stores i need me a red one!
btw blurr91 is woth you are talking about not exactly who nokia has done? it clearly say on nokias home page 5,8,12 megapixels are the way to use it with ower sampling rocking out. and the ower sampling thx to the insane 38-39pixels it takes makes the black and dark pictures come out clear also because the ower sampling? and the 5-12 megapixels will get no problem is size for the on board 16gig memory or my 64gig extra memory im simply going to put in to the phone.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
That is why Nokia is near bankruptcy...and fire thousands of people!
Anyone who need a multi-megapixel camera will go for an DSLR (price will be similar).
Anyone who need a good phone will go with anything else but a NOKIA. They fail miserably with symbian and maemo/meego and now they choose another shity OS...
Dynosaurs die hard, but their extinction is inevitable !

Status
Not open for further replies.