Solved! Any good ASUS BSOD fix?

Nov 25, 2021
So, I have a 8 month old ASUS BSOD machine, aka 'Zenbook 15' . I started getting the BSOD at 6 months in and they were only occasional. I deleted some apps and things seemed a bit better for a couple of weeks, but then it just got worse. So I downloaded all the drivers suggested in the MyAsus app, and also upgraded to Windows 11, and still no solution.

I finally did a chat with ASUS online support, who are cool, but they offered few solutions. Funny thing is that I got BSOD in the MyAsus app 3 times while chatting w/ Asus the first day. The one suggestion they had was to do a factory reset, so I backed up and reset to Windows 10, wiping all the apps I'd installed. Still no solution, and now even more unstable. I did 4-5 more sessions with Tech support (more BSOD crashes, till I finally got smart and chatted with them on my phone). No solution, other than to run a sfc/scannow from the command line (no issues). Tech supports only suggestion now is to send into Asus repair center and hope. No prospect/offer of a new machine (apparently since I bought through Amazon).

Any other solutions I could try to make it more stable? Today it has crashed so often it was a struggle just to get the damn thing off.

And anyone with good luck with ASUS repair center or should I cut my losses now ($1300) and just sacrifice it at Burning Man?

Serious buyer's remorse as I type this message on my 9 year-old MacBook. If nothing more can be done, looks like I'll be black Friday shopping tomorrow, cause I need an updated machine for work next week. Cheers!

Solution
Funny, my computer also decided to start becoming problematic on Black Friday. It's as if these computers are begging to be replaced.
First thing I would check is the Event Viewer. It might have some indication of what hardware part is causing the issue. If it does, show ASUS so that they know what part to replace instead of risking the chance of them just looking at it, seeing that it connects to Wi-Fi networks, and then just sending it back saying "No issues found". If you don't find any answers there, send them the BSOD dump file, which is located at %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP (Which is the Windows drive partition). The only experience I have with their repair center is them replacing a faulty battery, but the problem was very...

mrmike16

Honorable
Funny, my computer also decided to start becoming problematic on Black Friday. It's as if these computers are begging to be replaced.
First thing I would check is the Event Viewer. It might have some indication of what hardware part is causing the issue. If it does, show ASUS so that they know what part to replace instead of risking the chance of them just looking at it, seeing that it connects to Wi-Fi networks, and then just sending it back saying "No issues found". If you don't find any answers there, send them the BSOD dump file, which is located at %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP (Which is the Windows drive partition). The only experience I have with their repair center is them replacing a faulty battery, but the problem was very clear, so I don't know how they would handle BSODs.

Solution