Amazon Planning on Delivering Your Groceries Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I live in Seattle and have used Amazon Fresh for a bit now. Very convenient especially when ones only mode or transportation is a bike. Just be careful they will charge you super hard on the food staples (bread for ~$4)

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
This is definitely targeted at fat people who are tired of loosing all those precious calories walking to the grocery store. Keep eating fat people.

G

So we can now work from home, have video conferences, take remote classes, download our entertainment, video date, and get our food delivered. Just shut yourself into a cube and live in your own world. We are the Borg. We are the Collective.

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]formin[/nom]This is definitely targeted at fat people who are tired of loosing all those precious calories walking to the grocery store. Keep eating fat people.[/citation]

Your intelligent comment clearly missed out on a few people....
elderly people who are not able to go to the store for themselves, maybe you are sick/injured? Too busy with other things to physically go to the grocery store? Gee....

ianno3

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
This sounds amazing. Not just because you don't have to deal with going to the grocery store, but you can probably make wishlists and make really quick reorders. I'd also be more inclined to eat healthier with this system. It eliminates the need for a car for a lot of people. Sounds efficient. I guess you can never love Amazon too much.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I live in Southern California. I am not too keen on getting my fruit from a warehouse in Kentucky shipped in 3 days.
Still sounds mighty convinient, and probably cheaper too.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Certainly would cut down on buying impuse items! I can't tell you how many times I have bought a million snack foods because I was hungry while I was shopping.

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
the service is designed to “support its drive to increase online sales of low-priced goods, such as health and beauty, babycare and groceries.”.................Low Priced Goods !.....health and beauty and babycare aids are some of the highest priced items in a grocery store..........obviously someone hasn't been in the grocery store lately

Cormag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
This would also help with cooking and planing meals...Just plan out you menu for the coming week and put in an order...everything you need is brought to the door so you don't have to spend a night after work at the grocery store shopping every week. This could mean less junk food and more time spent with your family.

I hope they bring it to my area soon!

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
already have local companies doing this, and they are going belly up every time the price of gasoline hits $4 per gallon which is projected to be hit by the start of summer and $5 gallon by fall. i also don't see how they are going to get around all the state taxes and regulations for all the various food types. if this stuff is going to be delivered via UPS or Fedex or the mail (instead of a local like simondelivers.com) then the FDA, State DOT's gets involved with more regulations.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]already have local companies doing this, and they are going belly up every time the price of gasoline hits $4 per gallon which is projected to be hit by the start of summer and $5 gallon by fall. i also don't see how they are going to get around all the state taxes and regulations for all the various food types. if this stuff is going to be delivered via UPS or Fedex or the mail (instead of a local like simondelivers.com) then the FDA, State DOT's gets involved with more regulations.[/citation]

In Seattle at least, they have their own refrigerated trucks. You see them all over town with some frequency.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]formin[/nom]This is definitely targeted at fat people who are tired of loosing all those precious calories walking to the grocery store. Keep eating fat people.[/citation]
or the single working parents or the single professionals working 7am-7pm+ and the filthy rich and or famous. i know prince, jimmy jam, terry lewis, cargill execs, carlson vaughn wagonlit travel owners use food delivery service. i know many corporations that have in-house catering/cafeteria's use food delivery service as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.