Amazon Refunding Customers After Ebook Price Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]When it comes to books, I still prefer paper over pixels. No over billing issues there either....[/citation]

In most cases I agree with you, but I like to read non-fiction novels too, books that I know I will only read once in my life and storage it up forever. This is perfect for something in the form of kindle e-reader.
It provides extremely long battery life, very good in-door and out-door readability, light weight and fits into my jeans(yes it's a requirement when I buy 7" tablets, this includes kindle and Nexus 7, it has to fit into my pocket so I don't have to carry it on hands or getting a man-purse). And it's a perfect storage facility, all non-fiction novels at the touch of my finger-tip.
Also I like amazon as a service, getting my mp3 and e-books from them. They provide you great services without charging you an arm or a leg.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Now when are the other eBook sellers going to be held to the same standards? Kobobooks is still charging more than the price for the hard copy of a book in many cases. I'd say on average I've been paying around the same price as in stores. I'm not going to complain too hard though as I am still buying books from them. eBooks are just so much better than paper books.

[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]I like to read non-fiction novels too, books that I know I will only read once in my life and storage it up forever. This is perfect for something in the form of kindle e-reader. [/citation]

That's funny, I am exactly the opposite. Most of the time I'm never going to read a fiction book twice (unless it's exceptionally good). But I have often gone back to re-read non-fiction. I read Guns Germs and Steel for the 3rd time a couple of months ago, I've read an old Tesla biography a few times, some Christopher Hitchens, Michio Kaku, and many more. The only fiction that I can remember re-reading is LOTR, a couple of William Gibson novels and Neil Stephenson's Cryptonimicon. I find that I also end up flipping back and forth in non-fiction books much more often so they can be nice to have in hard copy (plus they are more likely to have maps which are hard to read on an eReader).

The main reason that I ended up buying an eReader (and one for my wife) is because I started to run out of space to store books (apartment living FTL). I ended up donating the majority of my books to the local library.

G

so why does the tone of the headline sound like Amazon is at fault here when it's Apple and the 5 publishers? should read "Publishers Refunding Customers After Joint-Apple Ebook Price Fixing Scam"

Status
Not open for further replies.