Amazon Shows PS3 Slim Shipping August 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaeddin

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]I'm holding off until I can be sure there are no 'hidden' changes (features) made in the slim.[/citation]

You just made me decide to hold off too.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]I'm holding off until I can be sure there are no 'hidden' changes (features) made in the slim.[/citation]

Like what? Blocking certain media format types? Limiting hard drive upgrade options? As a current PS3 owner (60GB originally before upgrading to a 500GB drive), I'm curious.

But I will say this, the price drop and the fact that this newer unit runs cooler and uses less power has me considering selling the current one and buying this one. MAN that thing puts out some heat - very noticeable in the summer.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Well they already did state a couple: no BC, no Linux, non user serviceable hard drive. To some, the lack of these features makes it a no-go for them.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]amnotanoobie[/nom] non user serviceable hard drive. [/citation]

really?..... hmm... I missed that part of news...

I know people has been worry about this but... not sure who has ever confirm it....

Do you mind list the source of the information?

Status
Not open for further replies.