AMD A6-3420M high temps (laptop)

Haapa

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Okay: I have a laptop w/ a 3420m and HD6520G (integrated) + 7670M dedicated. My problem is this, the temps start off at 50C when I boot and climb quite quickly to 70-80C while watching a stream or just browsing and loading new pages rapidly. I need to use this laptop for school work on school time. It's been getting these temps (and even hotter) for just under a year. I wonder if it can handle (and is safe) to run at these temps, furthermore: if I watch a stream for 10minutes or more, the CPU goes up to +90C.
Disclaimer: I have a fan w/ a broken sensor in this laptop, only turns on 1/100 times when reaching 80C.
Question: How long will you expect this can go on and is the CPU designed to hande this heat and will it handle it?

Haapa

Solution

Honestly, I payed 20€ for this, because I bought it off a friend when it was totally broken(I fixed the stuck 100% GPU utilization). I just don't want to spend money on something that I payed 20€ for. I'm just curious about the expected lifespan and sense in running it at these temps.

Haapa

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

Honestly, I payed 20€ for this, because I bought it off a friend when it was totally broken(I fixed the stuck 100% GPU utilization). I just don't want to spend money on something that I payed 20€ for. I'm just curious about the expected lifespan and sense in running it at these temps.

Solution