AMD E-350. That's right.

Vitric9

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
As most of you know the AMD E-350 APU is a Dual Core CPU/APU designed for notebooks, part of the Bobcat family, which has essentially the same IPC and clocks as a Jaguar (PS4,X-one). However the E-350 uses an older graphics architecture(Terascale 2,VLIW) And only 80 stream processors at 492 MHZ. But Supports DX11 nonetheless.
History is done, i thank you for your patience. I have a quandary regarding this little relic. I am having some trouble getting a few games running at a reasonable framerate. Even at lowest settings at 800x600. Right now Borderlands 2 is just a slide show and takes a very long time to load.
HP 2000 Laptop/notebook, 4GB memory, Win7 x64(Fresh install) on a 320 GB HDD (5400 RPM)
Note i did see this game running well on the exact same laptop a friend uses.

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012
You shouldn't expect much performance with that APU, however you should check the power profile you are running. Perhaps it is set in powersaver mode. Also check the advanced configuration for the gpu administration (also check it is in performance mode when running with AC adapter). In the amd catalyst/crysmon check it is all at default value.
In order to get lower load times, you should consider an SSD.

Regards

Vitric9

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

SSD is what I need. You are right about that, this HDD is not going to improve the loading times even if it were not loading windows programs and services constantly, being the C: drive and only drive. One thing that helped before was running Windows Disk Defrag every single day. Mind you this was a different drive on a desktop. I wonder if this is a Windows Update that has not been installed yet or quite possibly one that is already installed. There is Updates which are crucial in the performance of running applications in the windows desktop, especially where IE is concerned. Ill keep poking around.

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Regarding Windows Updates, I don't think it could help with games. But it can help/hurt response times for the PC. Sometimes there are some services that are all time running that decrease significantly the disk performance. I remember see in windows 8/10 in the task manager, the disk response time going over 15000 ms, and the pc running awfully.

My dad has a Lenovo all in one running the same CPU, and I also feel like everything takes its time to start, but most probably that they put low end storage in these kind of inexpensive PCs.

Regards

R_1

Estimable
Herald
I actually own the HP 2000 but mine has an e-450 in it maybe your friends unit has a better APU in it.
I run puppy linux on mine as anything else is too slow to be useful even with an ssd (Kingston 120GB)

Vitric9

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I agree and that is basically what i meant with response times. I noticed windows does not install it's own updates too well, even worse uninstalling them within Windows Update service. This is subjective from my own experiences mind you.
Well i am gonna call it for the night. Actually to be completely honest it is not my laptop but a friend who lives close by. We were trying to get Borderlands up and running, maybe L4D or POE. So i thank you for your feedback. I will check back tomorrow.
good hunting'