Pekingese

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
I installed the AMD Radeon update on my computer, now when I go to edit the graphics card settings it gives me an error message saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware. It also replaced the Cataylist control center with "AMD Radeon settings."

Here's some spec info
System Model: HP 15 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.42
Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3538MB RAM
Page File: 3322MB used, 3518MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8400
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 8400 (0x9830)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device

Display Memory: 2033 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1536 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Solution
Depends on what it was for. If it was just a driver update, you can uninstall the driver and then reinstall the prior one (most sites keep copies of the older versions of their drivers).

If it was a software update, or there isn't a driver you can reinstall from the site, then you can try going into "Recovery" and restore the system to a point prior to the changes you made.

Pekingese

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

Depends on what it was for. If it was just a driver update, you can uninstall the driver and then reinstall the prior one (most sites keep copies of the older versions of their drivers).

If it was a software update, or there isn't a driver you can reinstall from the site, then you can try going into "Recovery" and restore the system to a point prior to the changes you made.

Solution

Pekingese

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015