VR46

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
so the problem is like this i have a laptop dell 3737 with an amd 8870m , which for some that have the same laptop or video card and have the latest drivers it is displayed as m270x

but that aint the problem , one night my cousin was playing idk what game and suddenly he got a blue screen of death , after that my windows wasnt starting , it remained at that black screen after the windows is loaded and the welcome screen is supposed to appear

i was able to start it in safe mode and couldnt find the problem

reinstalled windows 7 and then i saw that after i installed the amd drivers my windows wasnt starting once again

i unninstalled it , did a clean install , nothing

now i dont have any amd driver cuz even if i install it , it wont work

in device manager the amd card is shown as standard vga graphic adapter and also there is an unknown device with a yellow flag that was never in device manager

Casey Jones

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Have you tried a clean install of windows 7 and just letting windows update install the drivers? Also, were you getting the drivers from AMD or from the manufacturer's website?

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
It could be a couple of things. Try the computer on battery power instead of the wall plug. If that doesn't do anything, then it sounds like your video card died on you. I had a laptop that did the same thing, it would randomly BSOD with the AMD drivers, but the default ones from Windows Update were okay for a while. Then it just stopped booting Windows. I run Linux on it still.

VR46

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

yes , i did that , i also tried with drivers from amd and from dell's site

VR46

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

dam , and it just got out of warranty 2 months ago :(

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
2 months out of warranty sounds about right for the dishonest way manufacturers are running their businesses. They make parts that are low quality but will last just long enough for the warranty under normal use.

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013

It's a laptop. There's not really much hardware swapping possible.

Casey Jones

Estimable
May 6, 2015
I missed the "m"270x lol. Read too fast. Well that severely limits the troubleshooting. It sounds like you've been rather thorough. Did the laptop get fairly hot to the touch while playing games? I'm hoping you didn't brick the video card. You would anticipate that it would throttle down before allowing that to happen though.

VR46

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

pretty hard to do so for a laptop

VR46

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

yes but i had a cooler which was doing his job pretty good , idk if it was lagging or throttle down cuz my cousin was playing and i was watching tv and than he was like dam you got a blue screen

TRENDING THREADS