Robert_274

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
i'm trying to figure out the differance between these 2 laptops

HP 15-ba055sa - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ba055sa-15-6-laptop-silver-10147504-pdt.html

and

HP 15-ba065sa - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ba065sa-15-6-laptop-blue-10147957-pdt.html

they are both the same price, but the HP 15-ba065sa is listed as having R5 graphics, is that a separate graphics chip or is it just part of the A8-7410 APU ? meaning that there is no difference between these 2 laptops ?

any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Robert_274

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
ah, awesome, thank you very much for the quick reply.

if its not too much trouble, given the speccs of those laptops and their price, do you know of any other laptops that maybe better for the same money, or even possibly less ?

from what i can tell the intel chips are more expensive for not much more performance gain, and generally only have 4gig of ram compared to the 8gig these laptops are offering for the price.

i'm big into my desktop gaming rig, but when it comes to laptops i've never bothered keeping up with them.

Robert_274

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
no games as new as the ones listed in that link.

basically i'm getting married in America and we're over there for a month, so want something i can potter about with in the evenings, or lazy days around the pool etc, any games i do put on it won't be anything major, i was thinking of maybe replaying return to castle wolfenstein which is quake 3 engine whilst on the flight over there :p i wouldn't think this laptop would struggle with those kinds of games, and maybe even ones a bit newer.

the site lists diablo 3 @ 30fps on medium settings so, thats probs the limit of what i'de put on it. but i got 2 weeks to have a tinker and see what it can do, but as long as it plays anything pre- 2010 reasonably, like maybe even mass effect 1 ? i'll be more than happy

TRENDING THREADS