I recently bought Dell inspiron 5548
Specs:
Core i7 5500u
16gb ram
R7 m270 gpu
1tb hdd 5400 rpm (no ssd)
No optical drive
15.6 fhd Touchscreen

So my problem is I downloaded drivers last night for gpu and system detects my gpu as r7 m265 instead of r7 m270. I downloaded drivers from amd official site. I have seen many others people had the same issue. But i couldn't find any working solution.

It can't even run bf3 on low-medium settings. (And I have changed amd as default gpu).But still too low fps in almost every game. There are videos on youtube of this card running bf4 on high settings with playable fps even on less powerful processor than mine.

Please help.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi,

According to the specification sheet from Dell support site your laptop really did came in with "AMD Radeon HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3".

Here's the specification list of your laptop from Dell.
http://www.dell.com/ph/p/inspiron-15-5548-laptop/pd

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall AMD graphics card
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to AMD graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from AMD support site like what you did before.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot make sure to set your AMD graphics card as the default graphics card in Catalyst Control Panel.
Hi,

According to the specification sheet from Dell support site your laptop really did came in with "AMD Radeon HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3".

Here's the specification list of your laptop from Dell.
http://www.dell.com/ph/p/inspiron-15-5548-laptop/pd

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall AMD graphics card
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to AMD graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from AMD support site like what you did before.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot make sure to set your AMD graphics card as the default graphics card in Catalyst Control Panel.

Solution

Fahad Jawad

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
So I tried my best and couldn't find any solution. All dell helped me was "stick with dell drivers". It was a company laptop and So I returned it
My advice to anyone planning to buy this laptop for gaming: "DON'T BUY IT" unless you want to play in low settings to get playable fps. And the core i7 5500u processor is just not for gaming. Other than that I think it was an okay laptop.
PROS:
It's Touch was super awesome. Browsing speed was good too. Looks were cool.
Cons:
NOT FOR GAMING.I didn't felt comfortable with it's trackpad. It didn't had separate buttons.But I used an external mouse and turned off trackpad from control panel. Sound quality was pathetic. I was expecting more. But I was always using headset so it didn't mattered much to me. Fan's noise was quite irritating.