NBL khalifa

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015
I just got gift from my father , it was an laptop , the laptop is acer e5-522g ,its equipped with amd A10 processor and r8 m365dx graphics card , i cant find any review of the card recently right now , im already trying to surf the web didn't find any 1 review , how good is the graphics card for mid tier gaming like skyrim , world of tanks ???

Solution

According to Notebookcheck,net (in German), the R8 M365DX is a little more powerful than the nVidia 920m. But that is only an estimate since it is based on specs alone. There are no game benchmarks for it.

http://www.notebookcheck.com/AMD-Radeon-R8-M365DX.147711.0.html

The Acer Aspire e5-552g is an international laptop which means it is not sold in the US. It is an inexpensive laptop; based on the price in Indonesia of RP 7,999,000, it converts to about $550 USD, Therefore, a GPU with an estimated performance of a nVidia 920m seems reasonable.

According to Notebookcheck,net (in German), the R8 M365DX is a little more powerful than the nVidia 920m. But that is only an estimate since it is based on specs alone. There are no game benchmarks for it.

http://www.notebookcheck.com/AMD-Radeon-R8-M365DX.147711.0.html

The Acer Aspire e5-552g is an international laptop which means it is not sold in the US. It is an inexpensive laptop; based on the price in Indonesia of RP 7,999,000, it converts to about $550 USD, Therefore, a GPU with an estimated performance of a nVidia 920m seems reasonable.

Solution

NBL khalifa

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015

well thank you for all of your information (also getochkn) , i dont pick this laptop either , im going with other laptop , the store just tell me that r8 m365dx was dual card r6+r7 m360 , r7 m360 is difnitely an unsatisfying card , ++ can you guys give me another advice for laptop that had less overheating problem over hard working ???

I am not familiar with prices of laptops outside the US or places to buy them. I can only recommend that if you are on a limited budget you should try to get a laptop with a nVidia 840m / 940m or Radeon R7 M275DX / M370 GPU. Even if that means waiting a while to save up money for it.

Since you received your current laptop as a gift from your father, it would be bad for you to simply tell him you do not like it and you want a more expensive laptop. Maybe you father is alright with that, but probably not. Maybe you can make him a deal... if this is a something like a birthday gift you can tell him if he buys you a more expensive laptop then he will not have to buy you a birthday gift next year.

NBL khalifa

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015

lel no of course im a grateful people , my father is the one who let me choose , he's already trade it with ideapad i5 5200u + 940m though , thankfully the store let us trade it , however about the lenovo :p im concern about the spyware

The fear of spyware resulted from an earlier incident this year (I think) with Superfish.

Lenovo no longer install Superfish with any laptop and they also have a tool on their website to remove it in the event you have a laptop which has it.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

Buying an inexpensive laptop is kind of like a catch-22. People want to buy laptops for as little money as possible. But then laptop brand names do not make much money, if any, by selling them so inexpensively. That's where bloatware comes in.

Software companies sign contracts to pay brand names like Lenovo for the privilege of installing their "bloatware" in laptops. Brand names make most of their money from the contracts not from actually selling laptops. So it is a catch-22, if people want inexpensive laptops then they need to deal with bloatware.

Hopeful none of the bloatware on the Lenovo turns out to be spyware again.

Bhanu_1

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

hi this is bhanuchandra i brought a hp laptop its contain same graphics card my hp pavilion 15 ab125ax it has amd a10 8700p with amd 6 graphics speed at 3.2 and graphics is amd r8 m365dx its a dual graphic channel. i played gta4 and prototype 2 and need for speed these are run very smooth mind blowing performance.