AMD Teases Next Generation Dual-processor Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwya

Distinguished
May 21, 2005
Hi,

If ATI have sorted out their processing horsepower issues and plugged in 1Gb RAM (or 2x512Mb) then this card could be looking promising!!

Is just me or is that card overhanging that ATX motherboard!! That heatsink could be used as an offensive weapon...

Bob

G

It over hangs because it's not a full ATX motherboard. More likely, it's a micro ATX motherboard which I've seen as small as 9" in width. Most high end graphics cards of today (as far as I know) are > 9". So, this is probably the same size as most high end graphics cards on the market.

G

It overhangs because it's not a full ATX motherboard. More likely, it's a micro ATX motherboard which I've seen as small as 9" in width. Most high end graphics cards of today (as far as I know) are > 9". So, this is probably the same size as most high end graphics cards on the market.

G

Wonder how well the processor farthest from the fan runs with heat from the other passing through it.

G

Weren't allowed to photograph the back...!?
Well, if you look at the picture with the card mounted inside the case, you can see something that looks just like a black passive heatsink covering the whole backside of the card....

goa2goa

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Finally, - I am longing for something fast which don't use nVidia drivers. Looks like it is 2 x SingleCore GPU - but i don't understand why either ATI nor nVidia have DualCore or even QuadCore GPU's already. That would probably solve the Watt issue once and for all. I mean if Intel can make a 45nm QuadCore CPU, why can't a GPU maker even make a 65nm DualCore GPU ?? How hard can it be (now i start talking like Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear)

Status
Not open for further replies.