I'm a transcriptionist and need a laptop. I don't play games, watch videos or pictures..I have 2 programs open, but multiple pages/tabs open for research. What difference is there from AMD and i5 for this line of work?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 inch screen size ? otherwise huh?
3. What screen resolution do you want? doesn't matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? not sure
5. How much battery life do you need? minimum
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? NO
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) none listed, only for work only for word programs and google research
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 8GB should be fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. n/a
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? longer then 3 yrs
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? ummmm??
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. n/a
13. What country do you live in? b.c canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. As mentioned, this is a work laptop where I do medical transcription. I have 2 main programs open and a bunch of pages/tabs for research. No graphics, videos, needed pictures, etc needed. I need to be able to go back and forth among all listed on a timely manner. So speed is an essence.
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.
Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?