AmigaEast cancelled! No Jeri nor C1 DevCon!

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Earlier in the year it was reported that Jeri Ellsworth would hold a C1
developer's mini-conference at the late May AmigaEast Show. AmigaEast has been
cancelled! The organizer cites financial problems.

For more information on the cancellation, go to

http://www.amiga.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4627

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/rabel1/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505060430300.3224@shell1...
> Earlier in the year it was reported that Jeri Ellsworth would hold a C1
> developer's mini-conference at the late May AmigaEast Show. AmigaEast has
been
> cancelled! The organizer cites financial problems.

Hahaha...now there's a shocker...after Amiga/CBM/ESCOM so far, why would
we expect there to be a solid company behind the AMiga at this point?! d:^|

Too bad...even the machines from the mid 80's are still more reliable than
"allegedly modern" Windoze machines...just slower. Damned shame, really...

> For more information on the cancellation, go to
>
> http://www.amiga.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4627
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug
> The Other Group of Amigoids
> http://www.calweb.com/rabel1/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
news:d5fuc20qhq@enews3.newsguy.com...
>
> "Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
> news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505060430300.3224@shell1...
> > Earlier in the year it was reported that Jeri Ellsworth would hold a C1
> > developer's mini-conference at the late May AmigaEast Show. AmigaEast
has
> been
> > cancelled! The organizer cites financial problems.
>
> Hahaha...now there's a shocker...after Amiga/CBM/ESCOM so far, why would
> we expect there to be a solid company behind the AMiga at this point?!
d:^|
>
> Too bad...even the machines from the mid 80's are still more reliable
than
> "allegedly modern" Windoze machines...

No they're not, XP is more reliable then any of my Amigas ever were.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I disagree. Simply for the fact that all hardware made for the machines
worked flawlessly, without outsourcing and 5th party drivers that do not
work.

Hell many hardware componenets for windows machines are adapted from
windows/dos... IE, network cards.

The rest of the support is fluff. At least Amigas was hardware specific
drivers. The same type of logic with the Macs. No retards programming
drivers for an unknown system.

XP, more reliable. Sure, in and of itself its fine. But an Amiga could deal
with 100% of the hardware made for it. Can the same be said about XP?

Cyberjank
Call mad world bbs ---------- madworld.bounceme.net



"Clockmeister" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:427bbcbb$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>
> "ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
> news:d5fuc20qhq@enews3.newsguy.com...
>>
>> "Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
>> news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505060430300.3224@shell1...
>> > Earlier in the year it was reported that Jeri Ellsworth would hold a C1
>> > developer's mini-conference at the late May AmigaEast Show. AmigaEast
> has
>> been
>> > cancelled! The organizer cites financial problems.
>>
>> Hahaha...now there's a shocker...after Amiga/CBM/ESCOM so far, why
>> would
>> we expect there to be a solid company behind the AMiga at this point?!
> d:^|
>>
>> Too bad...even the machines from the mid 80's are still more reliable
> than
>> "allegedly modern" Windoze machines...
>
> No they're not, XP is more reliable then any of my Amigas ever were.
>
>
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Just one problem.

The hardware to the PC works just as fine as the Amiga hardware. The problem
is that you can buy loads of different hardware made by load of different
companies. That wasn't the case when we talked about the Amiga or the
C64/128 or what ever.

Imagine how well your PC would work if it was only one company who made the
computer and the hardware(like the commodore company). Then Microsoft would
have better luck trying to make their software to the computer.

-Freeloader

"jhdf" <fgh@fghf.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:ia-dnZkBotjmE-HfRVn-gg@comcast.com...
> I disagree. Simply for the fact that all hardware made for the machines
> worked flawlessly, without outsourcing and 5th party drivers that do not
> work.
>
> Hell many hardware componenets for windows machines are adapted from
> windows/dos... IE, network cards.
>
> The rest of the support is fluff. At least Amigas was hardware specific
> drivers. The same type of logic with the Macs. No retards programming
> drivers for an unknown system.
>
> XP, more reliable. Sure, in and of itself its fine. But an Amiga could
deal
> with 100% of the hardware made for it. Can the same be said about XP?
>
> Cyberjank
> Call mad world bbs ---------- madworld.bounceme.net
>
>
>
> "Clockmeister" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:427bbcbb$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> >
> > "ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
> > news:d5fuc20qhq@enews3.newsguy.com...
> >>
> >> "Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
> >> news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505060430300.3224@shell1...
> >> > Earlier in the year it was reported that Jeri Ellsworth would hold a
C1
> >> > developer's mini-conference at the late May AmigaEast Show.
AmigaEast
> > has
> >> been
> >> > cancelled! The organizer cites financial problems.
> >>
> >> Hahaha...now there's a shocker...after Amiga/CBM/ESCOM so far, why
> >> would
> >> we expect there to be a solid company behind the AMiga at this point?!
> > d:^|
> >>
> >> Too bad...even the machines from the mid 80's are still more reliable
> > than
> >> "allegedly modern" Windoze machines...
> >
> > No they're not, XP is more reliable then any of my Amigas ever were.
> >
> >
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

ElectroPig wrote:
>
> "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnospam@diespammermsn.com> wrote in message
> news:NRcfe.10820$dw1.7358@trnddc02...

> > Keyboard not found
> > Press any key to continue
>
> First time I saw that I laughed so hard I fell off my chair!!! Nice to
> know that Microsoft has kept up with the intellecual capabilities over the
> years though, eh? d;^)

Errrm... There's nothing wrong with a bit of Microsoft bashing, but
that's actually a BIOS error message.

Besides, it *does* actually makes sense -- you can continue once you've
fixed the problem.

Michael
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Michael J. Schülke" <news0504@mjschuelke.de> wrote in message
news:MPG.1ce815d8b61b5f7f9896a1@news.t-online.de...
> ElectroPig wrote:
> >
> > "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnospam@diespammermsn.com> wrote in message
> > news:NRcfe.10820$dw1.7358@trnddc02...
>
> > > Keyboard not found
> > > Press any key to continue
> >
> > First time I saw that I laughed so hard I fell off my chair!!! Nice
to
> > know that Microsoft has kept up with the intellecual capabilities over
the
> > years though, eh? d;^)
>
> Errrm... There's nothing wrong with a bit of Microsoft bashing, but
> that's actually a BIOS error message.

Yeah, but most people don't know that. ;)

> Besides, it *does* actually makes sense -- you can continue once you've
> fixed the problem.

"Technically"....but I always thought that it was funny as hell,
nonetheless. ;)

> Michael
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Michael J. Sch|lke" wrote ...

> ElectroPig wrote:
>>
>> "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnospam@diespammermsn.com> wrote in message
>> news:NRcfe.10820$dw1.7358@trnddc02...
>
>>> Keyboard not found
>>> Press any key to continue
>>
>> First time I saw that I laughed so hard I fell off my chair!!! Nice to
>> know that Microsoft has kept up with the intellecual capabilities over the
>> years though, eh? d;^)
>
> Errrm... There's nothing wrong with a bit of Microsoft bashing, but
> that's actually a BIOS error message.

Very true. IIRC the machine that I actually got that message on once had AMI
BIOS. It wasn't the machines fault. It was my fault. I turned it on
without plugging in the keyboard after moving it.

> Besides, it *does* actually makes sense -- you can continue once you've
> fixed the problem.

Yes, the message was helpful. I didn't even have to look behind the machine
to discover what had not been connected yet
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
news:d5kvnf0r3@enews2.newsguy.com...
>
> "Michael J. Schülke" <news0504@mjschuelke.de> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1ce815d8b61b5f7f9896a1@news.t-online.de...
> > ElectroPig wrote:
> > >
> > > "Sam Gillett" <samgillettnospam@diespammermsn.com> wrote in message
> > > news:NRcfe.10820$dw1.7358@trnddc02...
> >
> > > > Keyboard not found
> > > > Press any key to continue
> > >
> > > First time I saw that I laughed so hard I fell off my chair!!! Nice
> to
> > > know that Microsoft has kept up with the intellecual capabilities over
> the
> > > years though, eh? d;^)
> >
> > Errrm... There's nothing wrong with a bit of Microsoft bashing, but
> > that's actually a BIOS error message.
>
> Yeah, but most people don't know that. ;)

I beg to differ. Most people are not that stupid.

> > Besides, it *does* actually makes sense -- you can continue once you've
> > fixed the problem.
>
> "Technically"....but I always thought that it was funny as hell,
> nonetheless. ;)
>

Mmmm, OK. Funny like police academy movies I guess... or not.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

* "Lance Lyon" <llyon@landover.NOSPAM.no-ip.com> wrote:
|
| "ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
| news:d5kvnf0r3@enews2.newsguy.com...
|
| >> > > Keyboard not found
| >> > > Press any key to continue
|
| I wonder if this one's actually a bit of an urban legend - having owned &
| used PC's (& sold and worked on 'em) for over 20 years, I've never actally
| seen this error - what I *have* seen is 'Keyboard error, press F1 to
| resume'.

I once got this in Windows 2000: "An unnamed file was not found."

--
Lars Haugseth
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
news:d5kvnf0r3@enews2.newsguy.com...

>> > > Keyboard not found
>> > > Press any key to continue

I wonder if this one's actually a bit of an urban legend - having owned &
used PC's (& sold and worked on 'em) for over 20 years, I've never actally
seen this error - what I *have* seen is 'Keyboard error, press F1 to
resume'.

cheers,

Lance


--
// http://landover.no-ip.com
Historical Sydney ferries webpages
telnet://landover.no-ip.com
Fidonet & gaming BBS
http://landover.no-ip.com/pods/index.php
Classic 8 & 16 bit computers //
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Lance Lyon" <llyon@landover.NOSPAM.no-ip.com> wrote in message
news:4281de4b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>
> "ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote in message
> news:d5kvnf0r3@enews2.newsguy.com...
>
> >> > > Keyboard not found
> >> > > Press any key to continue
>
> I wonder if this one's actually a bit of an urban legend - having owned &
> used PC's (& sold and worked on 'em) for over 20 years, I've never actally
> seen this error - what I *have* seen is 'Keyboard error, press F1 to
> resume'.

I cheated...I remember when I was in school, changing the DOS Prompt to
something along the lines of:

Error formatting drive "C:\".
Press any key to retry, or any other key to quit.

So many times, I'd hear about the "virus" that somehow got onto the
school's computers...haha...apparently the staff wasn't aware that the DOS
prompt could be changed...oh well... ;)

Of course, that was back in the day when we still USED DOS...
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

> I once got this in Windows 2000: "An unnamed file was not found."
>
> --
> Lars Haugseth

LOL!
and you yelled out... "I know, I couldn't find that either ;-)

-Freeloader
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Freeloader" <Dont@mail.com> wrote in message
news:QjHge.4928$Fe7.56050@news000.worldonline.dk...
>
> > I once got this in Windows 2000: "An unnamed file was not found."
> >
> > --
> > Lars Haugseth
>
> LOL!
> and you yelled out... "I know, I couldn't find that either ;-)

Doesn't everyone already know that file is in a hidden directory... d:^D
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Ooops. I forgot, sorry... I just couldn't find it either. ;-)

"ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> skrev i en meddelelse
news:d5vvql02rff@enews1.newsguy.com...
>
> "Freeloader" <Dont@mail.com> wrote in message
> news:QjHge.4928$Fe7.56050@news000.worldonline.dk...
> >
> > > I once got this in Windows 2000: "An unnamed file was not found."
> > >
> > > --
> > > Lars Haugseth
> >
> > LOL!
> > and you yelled out... "I know, I couldn't find that either ;-)
>
> Doesn't everyone already know that file is in a hidden directory...
d:^D
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

* "ElectroPig" <anon@home.net> wrote:
|
| "Freeloader" <Dont@mail.com> wrote in message
| news:QjHge.4928$Fe7.56050@news000.worldonline.dk...
| >
| > > I once got this in Windows 2000: "An unnamed file was not found."
| > >
| > > --
| > > Lars Haugseth
| >
| > LOL!
| > and you yelled out... "I know, I couldn't find that either ;-)
|
| Doesn't everyone already know that file is in a hidden directory... d:^D

"A hidden directory was not found. Hiding successful!"

--
Lars Haugseth
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 0
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 15
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 27
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 21
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 19
G Streaming Video & TVs 38
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 39
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 32
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 37
G Streaming Video & TVs 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY