Jeri Ellsworth in Wikipedia

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Chuck Whitby wrote:

> Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
> hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.
>
> Not to mention I haven't seen one post from rec.games.video.classic that
> is complimentary for your posting this information there. Perhaps you'd
> be kind enough to stop cross-posting this kind of material to rgvc.

Err, Chuck, with all due respect, what Jeri does is news to not
only Commodore but to gaming, too. I'm in a position to spread the news.
Please don't shoot the messenger.
If there is not one shred of evidence that the news has anything
to do with the respective newsgroup, then I don't post it.
If you wish to discuss this further, then contact me via private
e-mail.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Chuck Whitby wrote:

> Rob, sorry my original post came off a bit on the harsh side, I apologize
> - it was not intended as such.

Because I don't personally know you, Chuck, your message was a
surprise.

> The point has been brought up previously that perhaps such intimate
> details might not be appropriate for posting to such a general forum as
> usenet, but perhaps to a blog, website, or mailing list more dedicated
> towards this topic.

I do not believe I have written any "intimate" details. I do
believe in writing entertaining feature articles, in writing brief news
blurbs, and in spreading Commodore and Amiga enthusiasm to the masses.
The Wikipedia news blurb was just a fact -- no more, no less. As a
reader, you are free to consider or not. On my newsreader, I am free to
delete it or not, and if you have that ability, too, then you can delete
or not.

> I don't believe that Jeri being listed in Wikipedia
> is noteworth news to the general classic gaming population, which is
> the point for my post. The C64 DTV, that's noteworth news, the
> Commodore ONE project, that's noteworth news worth getting out to the
> gaming populous.

O.K., we have a difference of opinion. I believed that I was
on-topic. If you read the Wikipedia article, it mentions her work on the
C64 DTV and the C-One -- all in keeping with your criteria. Also the
Wikipedia article has links to her work on these two projects.

> If I had time between working infinite hours a
> week at my normal job, organizing ECGE 2005 and ECGX 2006, working at my
> stand at the flea market, trying to squeeze in a bit of IRC time, a
> SHOUTcast broadcast now and then, keeping in contact with my close
> friends, trying to open a dedicated game store, and the other dozens of
> things I'm working on, I might even update the Intellivision Gaming
> Network with some of the news that's happened in the last 2 years since
> it's been updated.

I'm very busy, too, especially with the end of school.

> I'm glad you can keep yourself and others up to date
> on Commodore news.

When there is news of the East Coast Gaming Expo, I send that out,
too, because Commodore is involved in it.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Robert Bernardo <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in
news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505302354460.28718@shell1:

> Thanks to FCUG member, Mitch Zollinger, for pointing this out to me.
> Jeri Ellsworth, designer of the CommodoreOne and the C64 DTV, is now
> listed in Wikipedia, the free on-line encyclopedia. To read the
> Wikipedia article, go to
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug
>

Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.

Not to mention I haven't seen one post from rec.games.video.classic that
is complimentary for your posting this information there. Perhaps you'd
be kind enough to stop cross-posting this kind of material to rgvc.
Thanks.


--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder
East Coast Gaming Expo
http://www.ecgx.com
"It's the games"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Chuck Whitby" <intvsama@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:Xns966772B47CC2intvsamaverizonnet@130.81.64.196...
> Robert Bernardo <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in
> news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505302354460.28718@shell1:
>
> > Thanks to FCUG member, Mitch Zollinger, for pointing this out to me.
> > Jeri Ellsworth, designer of the CommodoreOne and the C64 DTV, is now
> > listed in Wikipedia, the free on-line encyclopedia. To read the
> > Wikipedia article, go to
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth
> >
> > Truly,
> > Robert Bernardo
> > Fresno Commodore User Group
> > http://videocam.net.au/fcug
> >
>
> Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
> hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.
>
> Not to mention I haven't seen one post from rec.games.video.classic that
> is complimentary for your posting this information there. Perhaps you'd
> be kind enough to stop cross-posting this kind of material to rgvc.
> Thanks.
>

Hey, Chuck. Cut him some slack. He just thinks Jeri is a hottie. :p

Dane.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Robert Bernardo <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in
news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505310129570.782@shell1:

> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Chuck Whitby wrote:
>
>> Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
>> hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.
>>
>> Not to mention I haven't seen one post from rec.games.video.classic
>> that is complimentary for your posting this information there.
>> Perhaps you'd be kind enough to stop cross-posting this kind of
>> material to rgvc.
>
> Err, Chuck, with all due respect, what Jeri does is news to not
> only Commodore but to gaming, too. I'm in a position to spread the
> news. Please don't shoot the messenger.
> If there is not one shred of evidence that the news has anything
> to do with the respective newsgroup, then I don't post it.
> If you wish to discuss this further, then contact me via private
> e-mail.
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Rob, sorry my original post came off a bit on the harsh side, I apologize
- it was not intended as such.

The point has been brought up previously that perhaps such intimate
details might not be appropriate for posting to such a general forum as
usenet, but perhaps to a blog, website, or mailing list more dedicated
towards this topic. I don't believe that Jeri being listed in Wikipedia
is noteworth news to the general classic gaming population, which is the
point for my post. The C64 DTV, that's noteworth news, the Commodore ONE
project, that's noteworth news worth getting out to the gaming populous.

I appriciate the dedication to your hobby, and from one hobbiest to
another, I can fully understand your enthusiasm towards the Commodore -
I'm quite the Intellivision fan - but such information as what was posted
earlier, in my opinion, doesn't need to be cross-posted to such a non-
specific group as rgvc. If I had time between working infinite hours a
week at my normal job, organizing ECGE 2005 and ECGX 2006, working at my
stand at the flea market, trying to squeeze in a bit of IRC time, a
SHOUTcast broadcast now and then, keeping in contact with my close
friends, trying to open a dedicated game store, and the other dozens of
things I'm working on, I might even update the Intellivision Gaming
Network with some of the news that's happened in the last 2 years since
it's been updated. I'm glad you can keep yourself and others up to date
on Commodore news.

Essentially my point can be summized to, please, keep posting your
Commodore information, but please, little things such as Jeri in
Wikipedia needant be crossposted to such general discussion group as
rgvc, they're more appropriate for specific groups as alt.c64 and
comp.sys.cbm.


--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder
East Coast Gaming Expo
http://www.ecgx.com
"It's the games"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article <Xns966772B47CC2intvsamaverizonnet@130.81.64.196>, Chuck Whitby
<intvsama@verizon.net> wrote:

> Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
> hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.

That the guy worships the ground that Ms. Ellsworth trods on is abundantly
clear, IMHO. I especially liked the recent long post about Mr. B
chauffeuring his princess around. Can't wait for the movie ("Driving Ms.
E"?) Sincerely ;-)

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: wood@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

> When there is news of the East Coast Gaming Expo, I send that out,
> too, because Commodore is involved in it.
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug

And I - along with a bunch of other C64' freaks - look forward to it
Bernado... Keep up the good work!

-Freeloader
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Chuck Whitby wrote:

> Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
> hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.

At least it's a justifiable one!
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Any guy who visits these newsgroups should worship the ground Ms.E is
driving on. She's the duchess of the today-C64'

Freeloader

"J. B. Wood" <wood@itd.nrl.navy.mil> skrev i en meddelelse
news:wood-3105050732380001@jbw-mac.itd.nrl.navy.mil...
> In article <Xns966772B47CC2intvsamaverizonnet@130.81.64.196>, Chuck Whitby
> <intvsama@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Rob, seriously man, seek some professional help. It's good to have a
> > hobby and someone to look up to... but this is borderline obsession.
>
> That the guy worships the ground that Ms. Ellsworth trods on is abundantly
> clear, IMHO. I especially liked the recent long post about Mr. B
> chauffeuring his princess around. Can't wait for the movie ("Driving Ms.
> E"?) Sincerely ;-)
>
> John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: wood@itd.nrl.navy.mil
> Naval Research Laboratory
> 4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
> Washington, DC 20375-5337
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Usually I just put these threads on Ignore, but this time I'll comment.
I think part of the problem is Robert's wording. If he had simply said,

"Hey everyone - our mutual friend Jeri got listed in Wikipedia, and the
listing talks about her 64DTV and C1 work. Check it out! (link)"

That covers all the bases-

1) Most of us do know Jeri in person or from IRC, and enjoy reading news
that a friend is doing well (regardless of gender?),
2) It relates to classic gaming and C64 and is thus on-topic,
3) It links to the useful piece of information, which we can read if we
choose.

A mini-bio every time, an attempt to describe her as a celebrity, and the
frequency of the posts, just makes us uncomfortable. Robert, if you really
must follow every aspect of Jeri's life, put it in a blog as was suggested,
and make *one* post where we can find it, and from then on we'll read it if
we choose.

Regards,
Leif

--
Call Jamming Signal BBS - Hosted on a real C64!
Telnet to bbs.jammingsignal.com Port 23
www.jammingsignal.com
 

crackers

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
10
0
18,560
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505302354460.28718@shell1...
> Thanks to FCUG member, Mitch Zollinger, for pointing this out to me. Jeri
> Ellsworth, designer of the CommodoreOne and the C64 DTV, is now listed in
> Wikipedia, the free on-line encyclopedia. To read the Wikipedia article,
> go to
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth


Yeah but they let anyone into Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghastly%27s_Ghastly_Comic


^_^

Crackers


--
Ghastly's Ghastly Comic
http://ghastlycomic.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

There could always be a Wildstar in Wikipedia.

"Crackers" <bcracknell@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:j25ne.8708$yG4.593988@news20.bellglobal.com...
>
> "Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
> news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505302354460.28718@shell1...
>> Thanks to FCUG member, Mitch Zollinger, for pointing this out to me.
>> Jeri
>> Ellsworth, designer of the CommodoreOne and the C64 DTV, is now listed in
>> Wikipedia, the free on-line encyclopedia. To read the Wikipedia article,
>> go to
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth
>
>
> Yeah but they let anyone into Wikipedia.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghastly%27s_Ghastly_Comic
>
>
> ^_^
>
> Crackers
>
>
> --
> Ghastly's Ghastly Comic
> http://ghastlycomic.com
>
>
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Leif Bloomquist" <spam@127.0.0.1301> skrev i en meddelelse
news:119p0kscf7t45e3@news.supernews.com...
> Usually I just put these threads on Ignore, but this time I'll comment.
> I think part of the problem is Robert's wording. If he had simply said,
>
> "Hey everyone - our mutual friend Jeri got listed in Wikipedia, and the
> listing talks about her 64DTV and C1 work. Check it out! (link)"
>
> That covers all the bases-

Well... it was actually close to the topic Robert Bernado wrote. I can't see
a big difference between the lines you just wrote now and what Bernado
wrote. (I'm not saying this in an angry tone, just my humble oppenion).

> 1) Most of us do know Jeri in person or from IRC, and enjoy reading news
> that a friend is doing well (regardless of gender?),
> 2) It relates to classic gaming and C64 and is thus on-topic,
> 3) It links to the useful piece of information, which we can read if we
> choose.
>
> A mini-bio every time, an attempt to describe her as a celebrity, and the
> frequency of the posts, just makes us uncomfortable. Robert, if you
really
> must follow every aspect of Jeri's life, put it in a blog as was
suggested,
> and make *one* post where we can find it, and from then on we'll read it
if
> we choose.
>
> Regards,
> Leif

Again. I think it was easy to see by the subject in this newsgroup what this
was about. It said "Jeri Ellsworth in Wikipedia", so noone could
misunderstand this thread at all. I can't se the problem.

Besides, I think Robert Bernardo brings life into this forum (alt.c64). If
it wasn't for him, who would make me aware of what's going on?
Robert Bernado is answering loads of questions from C64' users and I find
him to be an expert in 64' matters. I do not remember if Jeri E ever used
this forum but Robert is pointing out clearly what's going on in the C64
world. He's WAY ahead of me.

Robert... I like your activity in this forum and it might even go dead
without you. 110% support.

oh, and Leif Bloomquist. This is not a thread written to you only and it's
not written in an angry tone. Hope you won't misunderstand my humble english
:)

-Freeloader
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Freeloader wrote:
[...]

> Robert... I like your activity [...] 110% support.

Ditto here. No kidding!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
news:pine.GSO.4.61.0505302354460.28718@shell1...
| Thanks to FCUG member, Mitch Zollinger, for pointing this out to me. Jeri
| Ellsworth, designer of the CommodoreOne and the C64 DTV, is now listed in
| Wikipedia, the free on-line encyclopedia. To read the Wikipedia article,
| go to
|
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth
|
| Truly,
| Robert Bernardo
| Fresno Commodore User Group
| http://videocam.net.au/fcug


Jeri who?
 

freeloader

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
8
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

> Jeri who?

LOL! (Twice)

While I'm drying my tears of my face and t-shirt, I'm asking you if you were
kidding... otherwise, look it up... at wikipedia! :-D

-Freeloader
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

For the record, Jeri news is probably far more relevent in the
cbm/c64 groups than rgvc, but I'd rather read about Jeri than
read more resident troll posts...

But I think an entry in Wikipedia is worth noting; part of a
hobby is the people in it, and any publicity is worth noting,
IMO.

"Crackers" <bcracknell@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Yeah but they let anyone into Wikipedia.

I'm not in Wikipedia. :-(
--
//*================================================================++
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 slapdash@rcn.com [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
++================================================================*//
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Rick Balkins" wrote ...

> There could always be a Wildstar in Wikipedia.

Mr. Sulu has programmed the co-ordinates of the Wikipedia servers into the
guidance system of two Photon Torpedoes, and is standing by to launch on
command. ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.cbm,alt.c64,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Sam Gillett wrote:

> Mr. Sulu has programmed the co-ordinates of the Wikipedia servers into the
> guidance system of two Photon Torpedoes, and is standing by to launch on
> command. ;-)

Don't forget... Mr. Chekov had fire control as well. ;-)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 11
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 16
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 15
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 26
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 35
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 22
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 50
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 48
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 41
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 9
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 21
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 9
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 50
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 17
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 13
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 21
R Streaming Video & TVs 5
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY