Solved! Amplifier Not Working Properly

Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I have a JVC AX-311 amp. Up to this point it worked perfectly, including today morning. I turned it off and when I turned it on again the LEDs wouldn’t come on and music plays only from the aux port. The CD port plays only noise, cassette and Phono are dead silent. Tried to plug in the actual wall socket, not in a splitter, but that, or anything I else I tried didn’t do anything. Can someone please tell me more about what went wrong? Thanks a lot!

Solution
It's not a surprise that an amp that is 28 years old has issues.
You can get an external input selector to use the one working line input. You would need an external phone preamp (or one built into the turntable) to replace the phono input.
I would not invest any money in repairing it.
It's not a surprise that an amp that is 28 years old has issues.
You can get an external input selector to use the one working line input. You would need an external phone preamp (or one built into the turntable) to replace the phono input.
I would not invest any money in repairing it.

Solution
Aug 1, 2019
I can select the one that’s working on the amp itself. The LED above the buttons doesn’t light up, but when pressed, it does switch to the selected input. I have a Sony amp lying around, I’ll try swapping the JVC for that. I guess that I’ll be buying a new amp soon.

TRENDING THREADS