Amplifier to PC HELP PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

seizetheday4eva

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Currently I’ve got my computer connected to a set of 5.1 Logitech Z5500 and a ASUS Phobus 5.1 soundcard, running analog which I’ve always been told is better than digital???

Now I’m looking to take the next step and buy an Amplifier, this deal below comes with the Denon-ax2200w and a set of atmos speakers….

Denon AVR-X2200W & Elac Debut 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Package

Now I’m a newbie when it comes to using Amplifiers so this is where I need your advice, firstly how to get the best sound plugging this up to my computer, I’m assuming via the soundcard, again probably analog? So maybe 3x 3.5 to rca cables?

The other thing is I mainly use my PC for gaming and movies, games I never download, I buy via steam etc however movies I always download, and always bluray rips, 1080p nothing less. However I know that usually these downloads are around 3GB some can be up to 10GB, but obviously Bluray discs are closer to 30GB so probably contain much larger audio files, would I ONLY hear the benefit of the better sound using bluray discs OR will the torrent downloads still sound a lot better than my current setup?

So basically want to know the best way to wire up the amplifier to my PC soundcard and whether I’ll hear any improvement on downloaded (torrented movies).

Actually if i have a good Amplifier can't i just remove my soundcard altogether as i assume the Amplifier will be better? Then i can plug my Amplifier to my computer via HDMI, will this give the best sound quality for movies and gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.