Solved! An external Amp Dac for HD598

nerdgeekynerd

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
Hello

I'm going to buy the hd598sr (mainly for gaming purposes) and really need an external dac amp combo for it. I'm going to be using it for my laptop (lenovo y500) which doesn't have a good mobo and so I was thinking of getting maybe the fiio e10k (haven't done much research) to get the full use out of these. The cheaper the better as always and I would like the best experience I could get for gaming out of these. What would you suggest?

Thanks

Solution
D
I have a little Fiio Q1 for portable use. It's pretty good for the price. I mostly use it with IEMs but it drives my HD 600s and HD 650s just fine when connected to a computer or laptop via USB. It most certainly would drive HD 598s. The E10K would also be a great choice.
D

Deleted member 217926

I have a little Fiio Q1 for portable use. It's pretty good for the price. I mostly use it with IEMs but it drives my HD 600s and HD 650s just fine when connected to a computer or laptop via USB. It most certainly would drive HD 598s. The E10K would also be a great choice.

Solution

nerdpunekar

Commendable
Jan 19, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nerdpunekar : "Need an amp dac for hd598s"

Hi

I just got the hd598s and they sound worse than I think they should (not clear). I think I need an amp dac. I use them for gaming. Need a cheap one that can do the job.

Thanks