Solved! an inner dilemma about in-ear, and on-ear headphones!

Pcstarter

Prominent
May 3, 2017
hey!

So i have a slightly stupid dilemma about headphones, I originally thought to buy two headphones: the jbl t110 earphones for everyday commuting, and the urbanista seattle heaphones for longer commutes and trips. the reason was the size, but now i question do i need the in ears since maybe i can use the on ears for edveryday commuting. So what is your opinion on this?
links:
https://www.jbl.com/earbuds/JBL+T110.html
https://www.urbanista.com/seattle-dark-clown-wireless-26561.html

Solution
My opinion is, my ears hate anything and everything in them, thus any handsfree or headset that attaches to ear is off-limits for me.
Yes, on ear set is bigger, heavier and it's easier for it to get bumped/pulled on by accident but... yeah, with choice of pain or no pain, I'd still go on ear.
so... on ear if I'd get to choose since sore ear is not fun.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
You are asking to be ripped off, literally the headphones from your head, if you use them while commuting. Plenty of you tube videos of commuters having their headphones ripped off their head. Use your in ear for commuting, plus you wont look like you are trying to be too cool.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
My opinion is, my ears hate anything and everything in them, thus any handsfree or headset that attaches to ear is off-limits for me.
Yes, on ear set is bigger, heavier and it's easier for it to get bumped/pulled on by accident but... yeah, with choice of pain or no pain, I'd still go on ear.
so... on ear if I'd get to choose since sore ear is not fun.

Solution
Ultimately is your decision. But am sold on in-ears, but not that $13 JBL crap. IEM as they call it, is earplug + phone in 1. Is effective passive noise isolator, and having a seal to your ears u will be amazed at the bass from such tinny thing. Some people though object the feeling of earplugs, u really have to try it first, and attempt to get used to them. This will take a lot more research on your part. If u just want easy, buy the over ears.

Colif

Distinguished
It comes down to comfort really, I can't stand having anything on my ears so have used IEM for about 20 years or more. Don't judge IEM by the cheapest ones you can get as most of those fail at noise isolation. Currently using these though they won't be as cheap as the JBL ones - Bowers and Wilkins C5 - but not as expensive as the top end ones that are close to $USD1000 lol

Figuring out what suits you can take time, and a little experimentation.