An Open Letter from the CEOs of MSFT and Nokia

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Dear Elop,

A nokia with an Android tag is sounds a lot better than any other android brands.

You've just abandoned your own burning platform.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
At first it seemed like a dim idea of idiots, but...
after some thought I came to realize that it's RIM Berries they are after
Maybe Smart move considering Nokia has almost no market share in the US
most of it's Symbian customers are elsewhere
maybe they will still keep Symbian for medium range,
but kill the high-end MeeGo project for WP7½
XBOX...hmmm maybe remote gaming?
Total integration to PC-Office+Server-ware
It all looks more business than fun
Now if I only could get a 7" tablet with dualboot of phone software+Win7 lite
that would let me (by using BT headset) forget my phone and my laptop at home/work
Only Kinetic is missing...
maybe like Sopy phone-playstation we could also have a fun-machine:
Xbox-phone!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
It's a reasonable choice. The biggest software company working with the biggest phone manufacturer.
Let's just hope they use the symbian people to make sure wp7 runs on slow hardware though.
I've got a htc trophy as company phone, and even with a 1ghz processor it feels sluggish at times. Not well done when I think back to my N73 that had inferior cpu and memory, and still did very very well.

G

[citation][nom]ochiuletz[/nom]oh.... goodbye Nokia my love. I really had my fingers crossed they would not sign with M$. Oh well... hello Android[/citation]
Wow! You replaced the S in Microsoft with a $. How novel is that! :)

In all seriousness, just... go away.

ahale10

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]" ....in other news cellular phones using windows contracted a virus which downloaded the customer user database and bank account information and deactivated the phone using a security vulnerability known in most microsoft products since the early 1990's in windows 3.0 blah blah blah blah blah...."another 'win' for hackers is the only thing i'm hearing in the not too far off distant future.[/citation]

Bit confused about what "F14" means by this comment. If you mean phonetically "knock-ee-uh" then Ballmer is correct. Nokia is pronounced that way in Finland where Nokia was founded.

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
so the software company becomes the software AND hardware company. MS have been trying to crack the mobile market for a while now with no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.