Analyst: AT&T to Make iPhone Plan $10 Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Great, I'll put it in with my $10 stimulus increase. So now I can buy...... umm, I mean now I can stimulate.........um crap. Hey kids, who wants to go to McDonalds?

G

Probably won't matter. The way Verizon nickels and dimes you for every little feature, an iPhone on Verizon will be too expensive anyway. If I were AT&T, I wouldn't panic.

st430

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
$10..
humm.
my actual phone line price is like
$69+ $5 for texting + load of taxes...
end up almost $90+ dollars a month.
$10 is not going to help.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I have AT&T and I hate it with a passion. I wish the company would vanish from our plane of existence forever. I currently have a plan for 3 lines that is supposed to be $150 per month. Once all their crap is added on the monthly ends up being $204. Can someone help me say WTF!

Can’t cancel the contract because since its 3 lines I would have to pay a penalty for all 3 lines not ONE penalty for the ONE account that I opened with them. AT&T was formed in the very bowels of hell itself.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
10 dollars really wont help, and that plan is a rip off. I get EVERYTHING, including unlimited internet, text, pics, calls(long distance), EVERYTHING for 50 a month.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]10 dollars really wont help, and that plan is a rip off. I get EVERYTHING, including unlimited internet, text, pics, calls(long distance), EVERYTHING for 50 a month.[/citation]

With Cricket?

Sorin

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2003
Would-be iPhone-owners complained that despite the device’s better price point, the expensive monthly plan was stopping them from buying an iPhone.

Yep. Get rid of the stupid requirement to have the $30 data plan so that I can do my normal $40/month plan and I'm there. Until then...pass.

hfitch

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I have Verizon Wireless. I love it to death. Where ever I go I always have my calls. I travel a lot never been without siginal. Yea there data plans arent the fastest but at least you get coverege. Sprint is horrid. Shows you have coverage but millions of dropped calls. People cant hear me very horrid service. ATT great data speeds the fastest out there. The problem with ATT is there plans and coverage. Not enough coverage and they hide everything from you. Some of it makes no sense. So if you get ATT reception your lucky but in Hamptonroads good luck.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
They're all too expensive. Everyone on here is saying "it's not enough" blah blah blah. Anytime I see a company cutting prices for something I've always considered to be gouging is a good thing. Sure I'd like the iphone to cost $25 a month like my current phone. But $60 is closer than $70!

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
maybe it's just where i live, South Texas (5 miles from the mexican border), but i have not had many issues with ATT that weren't related to the crap receiver in my Samsung Blackjack... i travel up to San Antonio, Bryan/College Station and occasionally all the way up to Fort Worth and have yet to have a dropped call or been unable to send/receive TXT, which is the bulk of my communications. so i honestly believe the issues ppl have with any provider's coverage stems from IO errors or lack of reading the fine script on coverage maps. with these tiny internal antennas being used on current fones it's not hard to believe that people, and the way they hold their fones, cause a lot of the call drops. believe it or not, i can control the signal strenth of my fone by simply moving my hands around the fone. but this is nothing more than wasted breath since it's never the user's fault...

i agree the providers suck with their price gouging and catch-22s... but this doesn't remove the burden of intelligent shopping by the consumer...

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]10 dollars really wont help, and that plan is a rip off. I get EVERYTHING, including unlimited internet, text, pics, calls(long distance), EVERYTHING for 50 a month.[/citation]

yeah, is that with Cricket or Pocket? both these provider's 'unlimited pics' are just to their users... i've never been able to receive or send an MMS to a pocket/cricket user. and their selections of fones are archaic to say the least. who in the heck wants a Kyocera fone????

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Data is too expensive with all providers. It's theft! People need to realize that paying more for cell data than your dsl/cable for something you can't possibly use nearly as much, is just plain stupid.

G

Just to make myself feel better about the huge data plan price, i make sure to tether my 3G to my laptop as often as possible. i'll even download torrents using it. figure if i paying for it, might as well use it for all its worth!!!

wkcar

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
I live in MI and the ATT 3G speeds are fine (not nearly as fast as in CA where I've hit over 2000 kbit/s), but its worth it. The only way I could justify the price of an Iphone was to tie it up to a family plan with 3 other people and through in my 15% ATT discount from work. Our total Bill for 4 phones, one of which is an iphone with the standard data only, is $110/month; not that bad.

sixbone

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
so let me get this straight, the general public minus Verizon customers are OK with paying for current iphone prices? so AT&T customers who CAN get an iphone don't like the price but Verizon customers who CAN'T get an iphone do like the price?

kpride017

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
"...sixty bucks for a phone plan is still too steep and there’s already a lot of Verizon customers willing to pay current prices for an iPhone." Why are all these iPhone reviews bias? So your saying people who have AT&T can't afford the 60 bucks but Verizon customers can? Gorehound, you do realize ATT plan starts at 39.99. It is exactly the same price point with Verizon. ATT offers Rollover minutes on top of that. iPhone was designed with the intentions of being able to go online, check e-mail, apps, etc. If your not willing to do any of that why would you want the iPhone in the first place? There are free phones that allow you do make and receive phone calls. Im sure making the web mandatory, Apple has something to do with that also. Without the web on the iPhone its pretty much like any other phone out there, maybe even less of a phone. And finally FYI Verizon does REQUIRE $30 web service for all their Blackberrys. At&t does not require a web service for the Blackberry.

Apple striking a deal with Verizon? Highly unlikely. Here is the reason why. Verizon uses CDMA, only other country in the world that uses CDMA is South Korea. If they were to make an CDMA Version for Verizon its only going to sell here in the US. Why would Apple spend all these resources to capture 1 small market. GSM which the current iPhone is based on is used around the glob. GSM = Global Standard for Mobile Communications. Make one GSM iPhone you can sell it to the world. CDMA = US Verizon only. Now Verizon my be getting it down the road when 4G technology launches. Since that should be compatible with all networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.