Analyst Estimates Apple Value at $415 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Only the value of Apple would go up because of a different colored phone. This says volumes of their customers...[/citation]

That's funny - I'd say it speaks volumes of a pretty lucrative, successful business model.

I'm a PC user, but I own an iPhone and I can assure you I'm a perfectly normal and intelligent human being - thank you very much.

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent now, but I do wish people would quit with petty fanboi'ism towards/against particular companies. Preferring Microsoft over Apple, or Sony over Microsoft, or Intel over AMD, or AMD over nVidia serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever and does nothing to help with progression of technology. I don't understand how anyone has the gall to label themselves a 'technology enthusiast' when they bear meaningless (usually personal) grudges against companies. Like them or not, Apple have revolutionized the smartphone market, and handsets wouldn't be anywhere near the standard they are today without their contribution.

G

[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]That's funny - I'd say it speaks volumes of a pretty lucrative, successful business model.I'm a PC user, but I own an iPhone and I can assure you I'm a perfectly normal and intelligent human being - thank you very much.[/citation]

HAHAHAHA, thanks I have not laughed so much in a long time, I suggest that while you are indeed a perfectly normal and intelligent human being, you do have your head so far buried in the apple marketing sand you will probably never see the truth about Apple, their drip feed marketing and how they have effectively DAZZLED their customers with words like AMAZING and MAGICAL, and slogans like, "It just Works" effectively "hypnotising" a consumer group. I Admit, there has never been a company as successive before in the history of man that has marketed Bulls**t as well as Apple!

Hemorrhoid Cream, "Just Works" but you would not describe that as Amazing and Magical!

I am no FANBOI either, i am just like may other normal intelligent people out there who can see crap when there is crap!

G

[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]you do have your head so far buried in the apple marketing sand you will probably never see the truth about Apple[/citation]

What, because I own an iPhone?

I'm not going to stand here and argue the toss that Apple are always on the bleeding edge in terms of hardware and offering the most open platform, but I am going to tell you something which will (judging by the quality of your argument) will probably surprise you:

Most consumers simply don't care.

Usability and form factor is key. If you think anything else matters, you're a clot. This is the reason why Apple have *dominated* the smartphone market, the reason why Android is starting to nip at its heels, and the reason why Nokia have failed completely.

Like I said; I use a PC and most of Apple's products just aren't suitable for me, despite how over-priced they are, but I'm not a bigot and I respect Apple for what they do.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]That's funny - I'd say it speaks volumes of a pretty lucrative, successful business model.I'm a PC user, but I own an iPhone and I can assure you I'm a perfectly normal and intelligent human being - thank you very much[/citation]

I didn't say it wasn't successful. Read my message again fool. Hype about a white iphone and the fact that people will actually change their current iphone 4 to this white one speaks volumes of them. It says they don't care about function, or even asthetics like they all claim. It has nothing to do with the quality of the product or additional features. The phone is identical, but they buy it because as the article says "The delayed launch of a white iPhone has created a certain mystique around the product, and we believe certain demographics will find the product appealing".

"Mystique". Really? That speaks volumes of their customers. Do you get it now? It's an f-ing white version of a phone and they are somehow convinced it is mystifying, revolutionary, magical . Only Apple can accomplish this with their lemming customers.

That's not to say a lone PC user with an iPhone thinks the same way, just the majority of Apple fanboys.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
with each iteration of a handful products, Apple continues to keep the sales coming in. wonder what is the next big thing they have up their sleeves?

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Market value says nothing about how good a brand is doing or about how much it is worth - all it says is how people perceive it to be.

That being said, I believe it's a fair bet to believe that Apple will continue growing for a while. In the US, it can still grow a bit. In Europe, there's even more room for growth, especially for the Mac platform. The rapidly growing upper middle class in Asia hasn't discovered Apple yet - for now...

I'm not an Apple fan, but you just can't deny they are successful. Not because they are better than their competitors in any aspect, but because they offer a sort of package deal: a lot of people are willing to trade less than stellar hardware and high costs for reliability, ease of use, status and design.

Apple publicly calls it competitors nerdy and aims itself at people in the creative sector, liberal arts and other middle class, gadget-loving people. A smart move, as they have lots of money and don't know a lot about technology.

G

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]people will actually change their current iphone 4 to this white one speaks volumes of them.[/citation]

Sources?

While I don't deny that some nutcases out there will do exactly this, I've never seen any trend in public responses that suggest a significant number of people are planning to re-purchase their iPhone in white. With all due respect, unless you can provide citation for that you're serving no purpose here than just to troll

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]HAHAHAHA, thanks I have not laughed so much in a long time, I suggest that while you are indeed a perfectly normal and intelligent human being, you do have your head so far buried in the apple marketing sand you will probably never see the truth about Apple, their drip feed marketing and how they have effectively DAZZLED their customers with words like AMAZING and MAGICAL, and slogans like, "It just Works" effectively "hypnotising" a consumer group. I Admit, there has never been a company as successive before in the history of man that has marketed Bulls**t as well as Apple!Hemorrhoid Cream, "Just Works" but you would not describe that as Amazing and Magical!I am no FANBOI either, i am just like may other normal intelligent people out there who can see crap when there is crap![/citation]
FYI: You are an anti-apple FANBOI. So your claim that "I am no FANBOI either" is just as big a lie as everything else in your post. Just admit it.. Apple could come out with the iPhone5 that includes a 5in screen at 2560x1600 res, more power than a 6core i7, 47049658408gb of ram, 94577560TB of storage, support for every software ever created for every platform, be able to connect using any format of cable, run for 298673567 years between charges and you would still talk smack about it simply because it was an iPhone.

G

Umm..you forgot that there is a bigger company than Exxon in terms of market cap: Vodafone @ $1.47T

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Sources?While I don't deny that some nutcases out there will do exactly this, I've never seen any trend in public responses that suggest a significant number of people are planning to re-purchase their iPhone in white. With all due respect, unless you can provide citation for that you're serving no purpose here than just to troll[/citation]

Did you read this article?

[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]FYI: You are an anti-apple FANBOI. So your claim that "I am no FANBOI either" is just as big a lie as everything else in your post. Just admit it.. Apple could come out with the iPhone5 that includes a 5in screen at 2560x1600 res, more power than a 6core i7, 47049658408gb of ram, 94577560TB of storage, support for every software ever created for every platform, be able to connect using any format of cable, run for 298673567 years between charges and you would still talk smack about it simply because it was an iPhone.[/citation]

That's the thing, if they came out with something like that, I'm sure most people would love it (aside from the odd nutcase). The issues is that the usually release sub-par hardware at a higher price and people lap it up as "cutting edge" while being completely ignorant of what the competition has to offer.

I don't think moricon is a fanboi. The fanbois are the ones who jump to a company's defense no matter how slight the insult or comment may be and start rambling about how good something is. He didn't do that.

G

[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]FYI: You are an anti-apple FANBOI. So your claim that "I am no FANBOI either" is just as big a lie as everything else in your post. Just admit it.. Apple could come out with the iPhone5 that includes a 5in screen at 2560x1600 res, more power than a 6core i7, 47049658408gb of ram, 94577560TB of storage, support for every software ever created for every platform, be able to connect using any format of cable, run for 298673567 years between charges and you would still talk smack about it simply because it was an iPhone.[/citation]

If apple actually came out with a phone like that, I would bend over and let jobs himself take me from behind just like he is doing to his current customers!

I suggest you look up what drip feeding a market is,and how apple have successively held back features to place in "Next Years" iCrap product! Come on seriously, just look back at the product lines and wake up!

And a FANBOI is someone who comes to a Company/brands defense, go on try slagging any company you want and see if I am a FANBOI!

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Did you read this article?[/citation]

Er, did you? Just because some guy lists repurchases as one of 3 named possible sources for iPhone sales (along with the obvious new purchases and upgrades) speaks nothing of the proportion, or volume of people who are replacing their iPhones.

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]That's the thing, if they came out with something like that, I'm sure most people would love it (aside from the odd nutcase). The issues is that the usually release sub-par hardware at a higher price and people lap it up as "cutting edge" while being completely ignorant of what the competition has to offer[/citation]

Firstly - your first statement is completely pointless because what your'e 'sure' of means nothing. The fact is that there exist users who have said they would never pay for an iPhone regardless of how good it was. It's those people who are idiots (and there seem to be loads of them on here, such as yourself) - you know, the people who cry about the Apple adverts as if a company should market their products worse just to satisfy your idiocy.

Secondly - lower quality hardware? Sorry, but you're stuck in the old Pentium 3 days trying to compare mhz to mhz, instead of comparing the experience. If iPhone has apps which run twice as fast, the processor can be only 2/3 as fast as a rival one, and it'll still perform better. And that's where the simplistic *old-school* geek falls down, you need to see the bigger picture. However good or bad the hardware itself is, the EXPERIENCE is what matters. Nothing else. And the experience is so good on the iPhone (or at least it was, when it came out) compared to other phones - and THAT'S what you pay for!!

Thirdly - how do I know the experience is so good, and at the same time that the hardware cannot possibly be overpriced? Because, if you had a clue about markets, or finance, you would realise that the price is driven by demand. If a company can charge the 'high' prices you claim, yet still outsell every other phone, that is BY DEFINITION proof that it is in fact, NOT overpriced. It is proof that the majority of people (iPhone most popular selling phone) have the vision of the bigger picture, thee common sense and capability to compare the experience instead of some meaningless number that you lack.

For your information, if an item is truly overpriced (as judged in the only objective way - the market) - it wouldn't sell as much. In many ways, ironically, whatever phone you have, the market has proved that it is in fact MORE overpriced than the iPhone because it hasn't sold as many.

Don't be bitter because people who aren't Pentium old school geeks can see a good thing when it's right in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.