Analyst: The iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Project

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tofu2go

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
\[citation][nom]jlats26[/nom]Now apple is going to try and use Steve's death as a marketing tool? R U Kidding Me?[/citation]

Hold up a moment, it's the ANALYSTS that are predicting these things. Nowhere does it say that Apple plans to exploit the memory of its founder.

If anything, I think the leadership at Apple now has to prove that they're capable without Jobs, so they're going to downplay him from here on out.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
How many of you think that if Apple says Jobs put his firm in the next iPhone 5 a week from release date Apple fanboys will buy 2 or 3 per person and Apple will sell a fuckillion units?

tofu2go

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Just to clarify, I don't mean that the analysts are saying that Apple will exploit the memory of its founder. The analysts are saying that there will be high sales volumes for the next iPhone because of Jobs' influence on its design. Frankly, a lot of analysts throw random things out there and hope they stick; I would take the things they say with a grain of salt.

G

[citation][nom]tofu2go[/nom]\Hold up a moment, it's the ANALYSTS that are predicting these things. Nowhere does it say that Apple plans to exploit the memory of its founder. If anything, I think the leadership at Apple now has to prove that they're capable without Jobs, so they're going to downplay him from here on out.[/citation]

Apple's releasing the iPhone 5 Ultimate Edition. It'll consist of a dual-boot setup with Bill Gates' signature on the back... err I mean Steve Jobs' sig engraved and in full gold leaf.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]They are going to be coming out with Steve Jobs projects for decades, same as with 2Pac's albums.[/citation]
Except Jobs wasn't shot in the head by one of Larry Ellison's homeboys
/shame

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]HA! Take that 2pac. You're not the only dead guy that can release new content![/citation]
Yeah! Let's see Courtney Love die soon so we can get to the 100+ unreleased Kurt Cobain / Nirvana tracks

nickathea

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
This is insane - iphone 4s was released for sale days ago and the "ooooooo iphone 5 will be x, y, & z" stories have started already??

If iphone 5 were ready that would be what is for sale today. Its not finished and when it is it will be as unsirprising as the 3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s - all nice phones with nifty software but the ground breaking "invention" was the iphone. Everything else has been an incremental development to that.

brn_gomes is dead right - we are likely to be subject to Steve references in Apple products for years to come.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]The iphone 5 will be my next purchase seeing as my contract on the samsung with windows 6.5 contract is almost up. Now that was a piece of shit. But yeah, to answer your question this will increase iphone 5's sales forsure.[/citation]

So you are only buying this because of his death. Is there a specific reason you want an iphone. Bacuse you are pretty much stating that his death it the only reason you want the iphone 5.

I use to hate apple, then I got an ipad to play with for work. Not mine, just testing for work, and now i find myself recommending it to people. The OS is simple, and please dont take offence, for non-computer savvy people its great. I do not like that the majority of people i know buy iphones and swear it is the best thing ever and can never justify its greatness. My friends are iSheep.

G

"Now apple is going to try and use Steve's death as a marketing tool? R U Kidding Me?"

I haven't heard a single word from Apple. Neither have you.

Kumar is just some hack from some random "research agency" being quoted in some random PC site. You're some random hater inventing shit and speaking it like it's fact because it supports your preconceived notions.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]No one said that apple is going to use Steve's death as a marketing tool, the analyst did.[/citation]
Haven't you been following Apple marketing for years?
The department consists of leaks to tech websites, off the record quotes to analysts and forgeting prototype hardware in bars.

While I'm not a real fan of the i-phone as it's primarily an entertainment device .... well then everything since the Palm Treo other than Crackberry has been the same thing ... the fact remains it's popularity seems to piss off people more than seems reasonable ..... the emotion tied to this ire I can best compare to a tech version of a religious jihad ..... those apple infidels !

Ya like it buy it, ya don't like it don't ...... relax .... in the past all we had was hating people who chose a different god than we did...now we gotta hate people by what phone they choose to use ?

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]jlats26[/nom]Now apple is going to try and use Steve's death as a marketing tool? R U Kidding Me?[/citation]

I bet he recorded a video to play when they publicly unveil it, before he died.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Apple will say iPhone 5 is years in the making(designing) even before Jobs death(ascension). And they will 'discover' Jobs' diary detailing 6, 7, 8, etc.

G

Not a SINGLE expert, analyst, blogger, etc. etc. accurately predicted Apple was coming out with the iPhone 4s. All the rumors that leaked out were all wrong. So I HIGHLY, HIGHLY DOUBT this Kumar guy is going to be correct with his prediction.

G

Not a SINGLE expert, analyst, blogger, etc. etc. accurately predicted Apple was coming out with the iPhone 4s. All the rumors that leaked out were all wrong. So I HIGHLY, HIGHLY DOUBT this Kumar guy is going to be correct with his prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.