Analyst: The iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Project

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
There's a theory floating around on Japanese BBS that iPhone4S was such a disappointment because Jobs spent most of his time and effort working on the iPhone5.

Sounds likely. I just hope they don't start using Jobs in subsequent products..."Hello tech world! Jobs had a conceptual plan for iPhone256...and this is his work"

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Meh, the iPhone 4S is yet another dumb tool for idiots to play around on all day and accomplish absolutely nothing. I'm sure the iPhone 5 will be more or less the same thing.

dkraptor

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]MxM[/nom]I do not see any problem to call product "In memory of Steve Jobs". Why not?[/citation]
You ment "In iMemory of Steve Jobs" :D

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Jobs was just a very successful businessman and tech pioneer. His last product or not I really don't care. His legacy means nothing to me.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
According to zdnet, a somewhat reputable source, Jobs "laid out plans to enable the popular iOS, iPod and MacBook products to continue for years."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/jobs-left-future-plans-for-next-generation-apple-products/60178

So unless Apple makes a claim in the future advertising of the iPhone 5 that this is the last device Steve Jobs worked on, then I doubt it will make a difference to their sales.

Personally, I think it would be really bad for the company to use that concept because they run the risk of every product after that being seen as inferior. While Steve Jobs had exciting ideas (some new, some borrowed, some improved upon), he wasn't the sum total of development for Apple. He put together an exceptional team and infused them with his vision so that it could carry forward.

For the record, my phone is the Nexus S, my laptop from Samsung and my desktop from various manufacturers, with some stuff from Microsoft as well. My wife has the iPhone, iPad2 and MacBook Pro. A mixed marriage, but we make it work.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]anony2004[/nom]I don't there is anything wrong with the CEO's legacy benefiting its company, or is it? It's not like they are selling his body parts or something.[/citation]
Who'd buy his stolen cancer-ridden liver anyway? Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.