Android 4.1 and 4.2 Jelly Bean Gaining Market Share

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I guess this makes Gingerbread the "Windows XP" of the Android world?

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
new android version adoption would be faster if some Mfrs and carries would stop needing their bloat installed on it and just let it run stock android

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]wolley74[/nom]new android version adoption would be faster if some Mfrs and carries would stop needing their bloat installed on it and just let it run stock android[/citation]

they should make rooting the phone easier ...

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]potatobabe[/nom]Zak reporting (positive) android news , I hope this continues.[/citation]

It's his job, idiot.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]I'm still waiting to get the OTA of Jelly Bean 4.2 for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.[/citation]

I've been on 4.2.1 for weeks now, not sure what your holdup is, may want to look into manually upgrading.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I decided to root my Note 2 today. Worked fine...removed all of Verizon's bloat too. JellyBean truly is delicious.[/citation]

Does everything work fine including the stylus with the stock android? That's one thing that I'd be weary of in terms of rooting and flashing the OS on a Note 2.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Ah, I see you're still on the green robot side Good, good... remember ?[/citation]
You know it! Once you go 'Droid you never go... go...void (get it...iPhone = Void) Ha. Apple would have to make iOS into iOS Pro (much more customizable than the sad state of their current) and make a handset better than the S3 and Note2 before I'd look in their direction again. There's more chance of me winning the lottery. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.